Senior Internal Auditor
Company: KeHE Distributors
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:The Senior
Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for performing
independent financial and operational audits of our distribution
centers and corporate areas. The Senior Internal Auditor will
assess overall business risk and to evaluate the effectiveness of
internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of
operations. This position reports to the Manager of Internal
- Performs detailed audits of distribution centers and corporate
areas to evaluate financial and operating systems for efficiency,
effectiveness, accuracy, compliance with Company policy, and
adequacy of internal controls.
- Visits distribution centers for onsite physical inventories and
observation of work areas involve extended walking (up to 3
miles/day), some lifting (less than 20 lbs.), climbing stairs,
noisy conditions, and working at various times throughout the
morning and night (including 3rd shift).
- Prepares detailed transaction flows of processes observed,
including control gaps and related business risks.
- Identifies audit exceptions, internal control weaknesses, and
inefficient processes and procedures and recommend effective
- Discusses deficiencies with auditees to verify and to obtain
explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency.
- Analyzes findings by applying professional accounting and
auditing principles; prepare comprehensive audit reports and work
papers, schedules, and summaries.
- Fully coordinates and communicates audit observations and
findings with various levels of Management.
- Builds rapport with all levels of personnel within the
- Assists with various special projects and external audits as
- Travels within the US and Canada up to 50%.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related
- Eligible to sit for the CPA (minimum)
- 2+ years' experience in internal or external auditing. Public
accounting experience preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification.
- Familiarity with AS400 based ERP systems.
- Detailed knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (Sections
404 and 302).
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Analyze data, identify deficiencies, determine root cause(s),
and make effective recommendations to correct identified
- Present audit findings and recommendations in a manner that
will be understood and accepted by all responsible parties (in both
written and oral formats)
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a timely manner
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Adapt to changing priorities and successfully work on multiple
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills, including vlookups and
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the principles, practices, and
techniques of auditing
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Naperville , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!