Corporate Payroll Specialist
Company: LSC Communications
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Process payroll in a multi-state payroll environment for US and
Canada. Acts as a resource to others in the area of payroll
processing. Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or advanced
technical problems presented by peers, local HR personnel, and
outside agency representatives. Serves as the subject matter expert
for payroll related activities; including balancing, research and
testing of current and new processes. Work closely with technical
departments to implement process improvements, test system changes,
and lead special projects within the payroll department.
* Responsible for the coordination and preparation of payroll input
for all regular and off-cycle payroll runs for US and Canada
* Reviews, analyzes and verifies payroll outputs for accuracy;
makes necessary adjustments or corrections through payroll audits
and established procedures
* Supports manager by participating in ongoing system, process and
reporting improvements, and taking on special projects as
* Audit internal control processes including reviewing for
compliance, integrity of payroll data, security access audits,
* Responsible for loading required quick pay entries provided by
the HR team including; severance, bonuses, HSA lump sums, and
others as required.
* Identifies and processes all termination pay for immediate pay
* Oversees the Wage Garnishment processing and resolves all
* Works with team (HR, Finance, etc.) to identify, research and
assist in implementing process improvements across the business
impacting payroll and the HRIS system.
* Identify and assist in implementing payroll process improvements
and best practices to increase efficiency and avoid payroll
* Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects as assigned.
* Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role
with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability
to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years
of applicable work experience.
* Preferred: Progressive payroll experience in a large volume
multi-state environment. Experience and/or knowledge of payroll
systems with Ceridian Dayforce experience a strong plus. Working
knowledge of Federal, State and local tax laws. Ability to work
under strict schedules while managing daily activities and multiple
projects with competing priorities. Must be extremely detail
oriented with a focus on accuracy.
* Able to demonstrates ability to solve complex problems by
analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned
through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must
be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond
appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a
variety of internal/external customers and/or peers at level of
detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently with
* Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing
Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing
assignments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. May require
knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to
complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise
in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work
* Requires very good communication skills with ability to state
messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for
others to understand. Must be able to proactively listen to others
to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly
articulate business needs to both internal and external
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing
Keywords: LSC Communications, Naperville , Corporate Payroll Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!