Elementary Assistant Principal
Company: Naperville Community Unit School District 203
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Administration/Assistant Principal - Elementary
1 - Elementary Mill Street
Assistant Principal Elementary School
Principal Elementary School
To improve the quality of instruction for students in the District
by providing an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and which
promotes the educational well-being of each student within the
school with a focus on ensuring students with disabilities are
provided the services and supports to make meaningful progress in
the core curriculum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an unwavering priority of establishing and fostering
an environment that presumes competence of students and tends to
the whole child.
- Aligns IEP and 504 services and strategies for the purpose of
implementing the District and department vision and goals for
- Promote the success of all students by partnering with families
and community members
- Welcomes and honors parents and seeks ways to engage them in
their children's learning as active partners of the IEP and Problem
- Proactively ensures IEPs/504 Plans are developed and
implemented to provide educational benefit which results in the
students meeting academic and social-emotional standards for their
- Articulate, align, and apply key concepts of IDEA/Section 504
guidelines to improve student achievement and reduce the
achievement gap for students with IEPs.
- Serve as a liaison between district student services leadership
and building level student services team for the purpose of
identifying building needs and enhancing communications between all
- Assist in developing and supporting school-wide goals,
projects, and instruction for the purpose of enhancing student
learning and achieving improved results.
- Support program of professional growth which includes
in-building, district-wide and personal professional growth
- Administer the management of student behavior by taking
appropriate and consistent disciplinary action, by keeping
comprehensive records, and by effectively communicating these to
students, staff, and parents.
- Supervise the reporting, monitoring and accurate record-keeping
of student attendance and carry out appropriate follow-up
activities as needed.
- Assume responsibility for evaluation of certified and
non-certified staff members and assist with other necessary
functions of personnel management as directed by the principal
(interviewing, hiring, orienting, in-service training, etc).
- Arrange for substitutes at principal's direction.
- Coordinate clinical and student teachers' experiences in
- Coordinate daily routines (lunch program, transportation) and
special events (field trips, assemblies).
- Coordinate activities such as open house, school orientation,
and special projects as assigned.
- Assist principal in planning fall and spring parent conference
- Coordinate opening and closing school procedures as
- Coordinate building calendar (curricular, extra-curricular
activities and use of building by community groups through the
year) and disseminate appropriate information about activities via
faculty bulletins, memos, etc as assigned.
- Monitor building use and maintenance as assigned.
- Supervise safety director and coordinate appropriate safety
inspections as assigned.
- Coordinate and assist in assignment and supervision of
personnel involved in outdoor education, lunchroom, and other
- Work with the principal and faculty groups in compiling the
annual budget requests.
- Coordinate the ordering, delivery, and repair of supplies and
equipment as assigned.
- Serve as principal's liaison in school-community relations
(Home and School, etc.) as assigned.
- Coordinate communication of school and district policies as
assigned (i.e., School Handbooks, parent communication, and other
- Maintain adequate channels of communication with parents,
students, and staff by utilizing conferences, phone contacts,
written communications, and attendance at various meetings.
- Serve with student, faculty, and parent groups as requested in
advancing educational objectives and related activities.
- Serve and assume administrative responsibility parent
conferences at the principal's direction.
- Assist in the development and preparation of student schedules
and class assignments.
- Coordination and management of local, state, and federal
- Execute special projects and duties designated by the principal
and assume all duties and responsibilities of the principal in
- Demonstrate ethical, trustworthy, and professional
- Demonstrate values, beliefs, and attitudes that inspire others
to higher levels of performance.
- Effectively manage BOE policies and administrative procedures,
applying policies and procedures in a fair and equitable
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity
in the school community.
Professional Educator License (PEL) with General Administrative
Earned Master's Degree
At least three years teaching or administrative experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
193 day contract, salary and fringe benefits established annually
by the Board of Education.
Keywords: Naperville Community Unit School District 203, Naperville , Elementary Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...