Structural Engineer - Storage & Structures
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Title: Structural Engineer - Storage & Structures
Department: Global Product Management
Division: AGI Corporate
Location: Naperville, IL, USAAbout AGIAGI is a global food-based
infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800
employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading
provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural
commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and
an expanding platform for food processing facilities.The
OpportunityThe Structural Engineer - Storage & Structures will
apply theory, principles and codes of structural engineering in
designing, planning and overseeing fabrication of steel structures
designated to the storage of different materials (grains,
fertilizer, liquids) for the North American market.The TeamThis
role will report directly to the Product Design Manager - NA &
Global Product Manager, and work in close coordination with the
wider Global product management & engineering teams on various
- Design of storage & steel structures according industry
theories and applicable standards.
- Ensure the product cost effectiveness by design conception &
- Meet the product application requirements and manufacturing
- Understand, assess, and simplify engineering problems to threat
the everyday business needs in a cost-effective manner.
- Carry out FE analysis when required.
- Assist Application Engineering with sales, quotation, and
purchase orders when required.
- Review/draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts
for products & project and to ensure conformance to
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component
specifications, and material quantities using calculator or
- Read and review project blueprints and structural
specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect
design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications
and applicable codes.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for the manufacturing of
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Respond to manufacturing plant and public suggestions and
- Conduct materials test and analysis on prototypes using tools
and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering.
- 3+ years of steel design experience.
- Strong knowledge on software for FE analysis (RISA 3D, Strand7,
STAAD Pro, RISA Section, CFS)
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, or
- Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault preferred.
- Professional License preferred.
- Understanding and application of steel and building codes AISC
and ASCE is essential.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast manner.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, communication, and
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding
of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why
designs are made the way they are.
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong
- Strong team player.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need.Accommodations are available upon request for
candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process
and once hired.
Keywords: AGI, Naperville , Structural Engineer - Storage & Structures, Engineering , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!