Company: TM Process & Controls, Inc.
Posted on: August 1, 2022
TM Process & Controls, Inc. is a full-service design-build
company that provides custom process and automation solutions to
the food and beverage manufacturing industry. Our employees'
technical design and hands-on field experience has developed,
executed, and commissioned technical solutions throughout the
United States and the Caribbean. We are a fast-growing process &
process controls company in search of a talented individual who
would like to further his/her career as a controls engineer.
Position Summary: Provide electrical design, controls engineering,
and troubleshooting of engineering problems. Provide direction and
coordination of electrical design for industrial projects in the
food and beverage industry throughout the United States and
- Works with the customer and/or process engineer to develop
and/or interpret process and instrumentation diagrams
- Develops project documentation including, but not limited to,
device lists, I/O lists, electrical contractor documentation, and
- Designs and develops PLC and HMI programs.
- Designs control system networks.
- Designs and configures control system server
- Commissions controls system including device configuration, I/O
checkout, PID tuning, water testing, CIP testing, and production
- Calibrates process devices and provides documentation.
- Troubleshoots control systems (software, hardware, electrical,
and/or mechanical problems).
- Works with subcontractors (mechanical or electrical) on
projects including oversight of electrical install.
- Drafts for electrical schematics, networks, etc.
- Ensures that the projects are completed on time and on
- Interacts with and manages customer expectations.
- Other functions as required by the project.
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 years of controls engineering
experience OR bachelor's degree in electrical engineering,
mechanical engineering, or chemical engineering.
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects and project
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred Qualifications (some of the following)
- Experience with Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems.
- Engineer-in-Training certificate or Professional Engineer
- Cisco CCNA and/or VMware VCP-CDV certificate.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook as well as
experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with some of the following Rockwell Automation
software packages: RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000,
FactoryTalk View SE, FactoryTalk View ME, RSView32, FactoryTalk
Batch, FactoryTalk Historian SE, FactoryTalk VantagePoint,
PlantPAx, and FactoryTalk AssetCentre.
- Experience with WonderWare System Platform components.
- Experience with Ignition.
- Experience in process device calibration and documentation
- Experience with some of the following networking protocols:
EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU, Profibus PA,
Profibus DP, Remote I/O (RIO), and Data Highway Plus (DH+).
- Experience with Ethernet networking especially with Cisco
devices. Configuration via Cisco Network Assistant or the command
line is especially beneficial.
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Workstation,
VMware Fusion, VMware ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V).
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully preform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to
finger handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms; grasp and
manipulate objects; and talk or hear. The employee may be required
on occasion to climb stairs and/or ladders; kneel; stoop; crouch;
and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentThe nature of this job requires both office time
and on-site time at a customer facility. Work during office time
takes place in a clean, pleasant and comfortable office setting.
Work during on-site time employees could encounter cold, hot,
humid, noisy conditions. This position will require a minimum of
10% travel time.
TM Process & Controls, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: TM Process & Controls, Inc., Naperville , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!