Field Service Technician - Tractor
Company: Altorfer CAT
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Working Hours/DaysMon- Fri 6:30-3OverviewPerform service repairs
and preventive maintenance; providing superior service and
representing Altorfers professional image.Basic Duties
- Ability to properly and completely fill out all service
reports, inspection checklists and timecards within department
- Completes all paperwork before moving on to next job;
communicates extra time needed to complete tasks to
- Ability to use SIS, ET, parts and service manuals.
- Properly segment jobs and order parts accordingly.
- Return unneeded parts immediately upon job completion, complete
all necessary warranty documentation and send completed follow up
forms on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate job status to customers and office
- Works in an efficient manner; at customers jobsite, in the shop
and when driving to location or shop.
- Capable of in-depth electrical, hydraulic and power train
relate troubleshooting using prescribed tool, guidelines and
- Maintain Altorfer supplied tooling and equipment, including
company provided service vehicle.
- Technician may be required to orchestrate special parts
arrangements to ensure that downtime is reduced as much as
possible. - - -
- Perform mechanical work relating to the business of the
- Keep current with industry standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, with excellent
work ethic, neat appearance and good communication skills. - - -
Take full ownership of job.
- Use safe working practices.
- Must maintain a Class B CDL
- Redos or excessive labor do not exceed 5% of total labor hours
worked and no cases occur where the customer or companys equipment
is damaged due to mechanics neglect or abuse.
- Other duties as
School Diploma or equivalent, three years Heavy Equipment
experience. Excel and email. -SKILLS/ABILITIES:Ability to perform
high quality repairs, in an efficient fashion, and maintain a clean
working environment while working in the field. Must be able to
work independently. Ability to use resources for information (when
written documentation is not available), has good decision making
practices and ability to follow directions . Demonstrates effective
communication ability, representing Altorfers professional image to
customers and office personnel. Must have good organizational
skills and ability to write technical reports. Must have
intermediate keyboarding skills with a basic knowledge of Office
software, preferably MS Word. -Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disabled/VetsPhysical Requirements/Working ConditionsThis
position will work in the field/shop environment and at Customer
jobsites. May on a continuous basis carry, bend and lift; up to
75lbs. Will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE-
steel toed boots, hard hat, safety glasses with side shields,
hearing protection, cut resistant gloves, etc.) for a given
situation. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to high. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and
hours as needed. Travel between locations is required. The physical
demands described above are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- -All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. - - -Why Work for Altorfer? - -At
Altorfer, our iron is just the beginning. Our people make our
company successful, and we would not be who we are without them. As
a third generation, family-owned company created in 1957, we bring
our values into how we do business. Everyone from technicians,
sales representatives, administrative professionals, or somewhere
in between is part of the A-Team and is critical to our success.
Here at Altorfer, we have over 35 locations and 1300 employees with
long tenure for you to learn from. We have a collaborative, family
valued culture, with a great reputation in the industry. A company
that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a remarkable
team of people to work with. -
Keywords: Altorfer CAT, Naperville , Field Service Technician - Tractor, Engineering , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!