Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: March 10, 2023
-Title: Jr. Civil Engineer -Location: Naperville, IL -
-Overview:?Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of
professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at
every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company,
Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across
the U.S. - -Hire Type: -Direct hire -Job Summary: -The Junior Civil
Engineer - Storage & Structures will provide support in the
application of principles and codes of structural engineering in
designing, planning and overseeing fabrication of steel structures
designated to the storage of different materials (grains,
fertilizer, liquids) for the North American market. -Job
- Provide support in the design of storage & steel structures
according industry theories and applicable standards.
- Understand, assess, and simplify engineering problems to threat
the everyday business needs in a cost-effective manner.
- Carry out FE analysis when required.
- Review/draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts
for products & project and to ensure conformance to
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component
specifications, and material quantities using calculator or
- Read and review project blueprints and structural
specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Conduct materials test and analysis on prototypes using tools
and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned. - - Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Relevant course work on FE & structural engineering and/or
related college projects. -
- Experience with software for FE analysis (RISA 3D, STAAD Pro,
RISA Section, CFS) will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
- Proficiency in Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault preferred
- Understanding and application of steel and building codes AISC
and ASCE is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team -#NSQualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Naperville , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...