Engineering Manager, New Product Development - Located in Bolingbrook, IL
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: November 17, 2021
The New Product Development Engineering Manager is responsible for
managing the design of new products for manufacturing at G&W
Electric Co. This work includes leading projects and a team of
Engineers to design new to the world products that will allow
G&W Electric Co. to expand on its product offerings and deliver
world-class solutions to its customers.
* Management of multi-facility global design teams in a Stage-Gate
* Guide, coach and mentor project and functional based engineering
* Preparation and monitoring of project budgets in the area of
* Ensure departmental project designs meet requirements of
specification and standards while promoting error-proof assembly.
Responsible for coordination with specification writers to ensure
* Ensure engineering team utilize Lean design and manufacturing
processes and follow good design control practices.
* Deliver innovative designs that meet profit, cost, quality, and
* Oversee validation and testing of components/system or assemblies
as required in the development and approval process.
* Ensure designs follow established procedures for the creation and
maintenance of CAD databases and libraries including final approval
of applicable drawings.
* Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the project.
* Development of test plan creation based on D/PFMEA and in line
with project specifications, industry standards, and G&W
reliability and validation requirements.
* Work with third-party vendors and/or partners to develop
high-quality, lowest-cost design options.
* Prepare written documentation of processes, material
requirements, test results, and project activity as required.
Create/revise G&W standards as needed.
* Continuously improve engineering processes including DFX, project
and product costs, quality, and project lead times.
* Participate in industry organizations (associations, standards
committees, etc) to stay informed of and to influence industry
* Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing
on new and existing products and processes. Help to train
departmental teams on the application and customer use of G&W
* Develop direct reports' work skills to improve department
quality, throughput and to reduce scrap/rework. Work with
individuals regarding company competencies and personal growth
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or
* 8+ years of progressive experience in Engineering design and/or
development leading highly technical and innovative projects.
* Project management, team management, root-cause analysis, and
computer analysis programs
* Experience with Medium/high voltage electrical power systems
* Experience leading and reviewing DFMEA, PFMEA, and PPAP process
* Experience developing projects within a Stage-Gate Process
* Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Project, or equivalents.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong technical knowledge in the following categories per
* Mechanical: Molded Components and polycarbonate housings or
Mechanism Design, castings, and metal fabricated parts.
* Electrical: Current and Voltage Sensors, Power Systems
(Protection, System Analysis, and System Fault Response)
* Demonstrated ability to write/edit technical documents; test
reports, engineering standards, industry technical papers.
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
* General Office Environment, PC use
* Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Naperville , Engineering Manager, New Product Development - Located in Bolingbrook, IL, Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!