Program Manager, US Lending Operations
Company: BMO Harris Bank
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Address:1200 E. Warrenville RoadJob Family Group:Strategy &
ChangeThe program manager for US Lending Operations will be
responsible for leading lending processes for the bank.Must be
familiar with US Regulators such as OCC, CFTC, FINRA as well as
Fair Lending Practices.Leads assigned projects from project
initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results.
Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of
project success including delivering projects on time, within
budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the
project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the
desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and
facilitates communication with other program/project managers and
stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and
coordinates team members including other project managers, business
and technology resources, user groups, internal and external
consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy
and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters
diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational
goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear
accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional
and operating groups to create the highest value for all
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance,
coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business
decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights
and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource
requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder
relationships, which may include regulators.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and
information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Provides program level change leadership to ensure the vision
and objectives of the large-scale transformation are driven
- Develops change management plans for the complex programs
spanning across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies
and ensure consistency of messaging to positively influence or
- Directs strategic programs within multiple or single
business/groups and provides integrated management of subsidiary
projects and internal or external stakeholders.
- Leads all aspects of the program lifecycle and ensures program
structure is designed to achieve the intended business
- Exercises direct accountability for complex programs with many
project managers and team members.
- Manages overall program budget, and allocates budgets to
supporting projects. Ensures overall program spend is managed
within approved annual and multi-year budget allocations.
- Manages contingency funding in support of risk mitigation
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation
and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including
business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all
project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and
consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused
on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while
complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes
recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the
business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates critical
thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes
effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective
communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves
accountable for the identification and resolution of project
- Leads and/or represents the project in project team meetings,
governance forums and inter-department forums.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple,
interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with
and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and/or certification
in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute
(PMI) is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial skills - Expert.
- Judgement skills - Expert.
- Learning agility - Expert.
- Stakeholder management - Expert.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or
- Able to manage project and business risks, including project
and program interdependencies.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.We're here to helpAt BMO
Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good
in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive
change for our customers, our communities and our people. By
working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform
lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.As
a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and
heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive
to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our
customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need
to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs.
From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.To find out more visit us at
https://jobs.bmoharris.com .BMO Harris Bank is committed to an
inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from
each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and
our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available
on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your
Keywords: BMO Harris Bank, Naperville , Program Manager, US Lending Operations, Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!