Enteral Center of Excellence Manager
Company: Option Care Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers. With the nation's
largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of
your career. Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent
home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United
States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we
work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with
acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical
leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is
re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers
and employees. At Option Care Health we recognize that part of
being extraordinary is supporting and building -a workforce that is
as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. -Join a
company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more
inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members.
We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse
workforce. COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:As a leading healthcare
provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the
health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated
against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a
position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of
vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof
of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process;
application for medical or religious accommodations will be
required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If
medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you
must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be
terminated.Job Description Summary:The Manager, Enteral Center of
Excellence (COE) is a qualified, licensed registered dietitian who
is responsible for the development and implementation of clinical
and operational activities to promote a quality, effective and cost
efficient nutrition support and processing program. The Manager
will oversee the nutritional support teams, including direct
oversight of the dietitians and of nutrition care teams (e.g.,
nutrition care coordinators and nutrition care specialists) for the
Enteral COE. This role is responsible for the development of Center
of Excellence clinical strategies and implementation of plans to
ensure patient service levels are met, business partners are
responded to timely, and orders are filled appropriately.Job
Description: ---Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing nutrition support teams and processes.
- Directs the day to day nutrition program clinical and nutritional
team operational activities. - Evaluates staffing needs. - Assists
in interviews, hiring and training of new staff. - Performs annual
evaluations and other manager related activities. -
- Works closely with the team to assure nutrition support
competence, compliance with policy and cost efficiency. -
Responsible for leading and supporting a high quality, service
oriented, cost effective multidisciplinary nutrition support team.
- Partners with Care Management Centers to ensure patients are
served well and the COE is responsive to patients, operations and
business partner needs and requests.
- Works with the National Director to define and implements
action plans to continually improve the clinical oversight of the
- Oversees productivity of COE management and staff in the
- Serves as a mentor to nutrition clinicians and provides
guidance and developmental support as necessary.
- Assists supervisors of the nutrition coordinators with clinical
support and guidance as necessary.
- Implements and evaluates the nutrition support program model. -
Identifies opportunities for improvement and in servicing patients
and implements those improvements. -
- Monitors clinical nutrition support key indicators such as:
patient census, SafetyZone reports, Continuous Quality Improvement
(CQI) data, patient satisfaction, clinical competence, nutrition
assessments, performance improvement activities and cost to serve.
- Overall responsibility of ensuring patients are served well by
the nutrition support team, in a cost effective manner (e.g.,
labor, formulary compliance, inventory and reimbursement) while
providing clinical differentiation in the marketplace.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates continuing education,
orientation, training and in-service education programs in
coordination with corporate, and clinical and sales management
- Provides staff in-servicing in clinical nutrition,
reimbursement and formulary compliance. -
- Defines and implements action plans to continually improve the
patient care process. -
- Demonstrates competence in clinical procedures and clinical
- Promotes operational processes and profitability under the
direction of the Director of the Enteral COE. - Reviews and
evaluates financial status to budget. - Makes decisions to control
expenditures including implementation of policies and procedures. -
Evaluates new products, services, and programs for financial
feasibility. - Ensures the completion and submission of required
reports. Evaluates operational data for trends and processes
regarding quality and efficiency.Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e.
hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases,
scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc. - YesBasic
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
and license/certification in the state of residence, as appropriate
with at least 5 years of nutrition support work experience.
- At least 7 years of management or home infusion
- Current CPR training required within 90 days of hiring
- At least 7 years of experience in direct or indirect management
of team members, including assisting in the development, training
and assignment of work/projects to other team members. Basic
Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience in managing teams across business units.
- Intermediate level experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience applying knowledge in planning, organizing,
implementing and evaluating clinical programs that will meet the
needs of the National Enteral COE and communities served.
- Experience educating and empowering staff to implement
nutrition service processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and written/verbal
communication skills required.
- High degree of integrity, trust and confidentiality
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little
or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and
determining when escalation of issues is necessary. Travel
Requirements:Up to 20% travel. Preferred Qualifications &
- Advanced degree in nutrition, business or management.
- Board certification in Nutrition Support as granted by current
state of practice.
- Familiarity with Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Payer
- Understanding and familiarity with use of CPR+ This job
description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and
department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and
responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed
as an all-encompassing list of duties. Pay from $72,987.20+ Salary
to be determined by the applicant's education, experience,
knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and
alignment with market data. Benefits:-401k-Dental
Insurance-Disability Insurance-Health Insurance-Life Insurance-Paid
Time off-Vision Insurance Option Care Health subscribes to a policy
of equal employment opportunity, making employment available
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control
Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability, veteran status, or genetic information.---
Keywords: Option Care Health, Naperville , Enteral Center of Excellence Manager, Executive , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!