Company: Clyde's Donuts
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Clyde's Donuts, located in Addison, IL, is a family-owned and
operated business that has been making donuts and fritters for over
100 years. Clyde's has a national footprint selling through
private-label, retail, and contract customers to in-store
supermarket bakeries, convenience stores, foodservice groups,
distributors, and contract manufacturing customers in over 37
states. As Clyde's continues to grow and expand, we need top notch
individuals to help us achieve our results. Join our team and keep
our consumers smiling!
The Sanitation Manager, reporting to the Food Safety Manager, is
responsible for the overall sanitation of the plant and the efforts
of the sanitation team across all shifts. This position is a 3rd
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety
regulations, work rules and the Union Contract. Includes adherence
to AIB, GMP's, FDA, OSHA and HACCP requirements. Observes workers
to assure compliance.
- Inspects equipment and premises for unsanitary conditions and for
conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and company
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas. Maintains cycle
- Supervises the use of cleaning chemicals in accordance with label
- Monitors adherence to sanitation program policies, procedures in
the plant environment and ensure the cleaning regime is in place
and adhered to. Report discrepancies to plant management.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve
sanitation, safety, working conditions, productions methods,
efficiency, cost reduction, asset utilization, equipment
performance, and quality of product. Maintains Production and/or
Packaging lines in a neat, organized and sanitary condition while
the lines are in operation.
- Works with the maintenance team and advises on hygienic design
and new equipment approval.
- Optimizes sanitation SOP's to achieve a higher level of
effectiveness and efficiency as well as a lower environmental
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists workers in
solving work related problems.
- Maintains documentation for production, down time, efficiency,
productivity, scrap and other reports as required.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
individual departments to insure continuity of operations. Conducts
a daily walk through at shift change with the relieved supervisor
to assess plant and operating conditions.
- Monitors Waste Treatment as necessary, makes adjustments as
required and reports findings to Production Supervisor.
- Complies with all Food Safety requirements.
- Directly supervises 12 to 20 sanitation employees. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Assumes some or all the duties of the Production and/or Packaging
departments when required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year accredited college or
university; 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of sanitation or quality related
experience in a food production environment.
- Troubleshoots problems and understands root cause analysis and
establishes corrective/preventative actions.
- Effective at promoting positive employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. SPC knowledge
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
Preferences are for someone with FSMA, GFSI, HACCP and GMP
- Must be able to work 3rd shift including Friday &
- Must be able to communicate with and motivate assigned work
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Clyde's Donuts, Naperville , Sanitation Manager, Executive , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!