Commercial Sales Manager - Grain Systems (Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Title: Commercial Sales Manager (Remote)Department:
SalesDivision: NA CommercialLocation: Illinois, USA
About AGIAg Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food
infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30
global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment
and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including
seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform
for food processing facilities.AGI designs, builds, and installs
material handling equipment worldwide. AGI is full-service company
with experienced engineering, design, production, installation,
transportation, and technical personnel to serve this industry.The
OpportunityThe Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for
developing and prospecting long term, profitable customer
relationships with existing and prospective customers in targeted
regions and end-markets. Sales success will result from developing
and prospecting long term, profitable customer relationships
through professional sales and service calls. Provides deep product
expertise and sales assistance to customers in all commercial
product lines. Monitors results and develops plans to meet sales
goals. Perform field sales to build relationships with customer
accounts; assesses needs of accounts and ensures that solutions are
offered, sold and followed through with; further develops and
maintains accounts through technical support and account servicing.
Other activities include commercial activities and negotiations
required to maintain profitable growth for assigned customers
through value-added and consultative selling techniques.The
TeamReporting to the Director of US Commercial Sales, the
Commercial Sales Manager builds, maintains and manages
relationships with end users, contractors, key customer
- Achieves sales revenue, EBITDA, and individual goals.
- Drives new customer business through networking, referrals, and
cold calling. Conducts sales presentations and product
demonstrations to contractors and direct customers.
- Collect customer requirements to quote Request for Proposals
from customers including drawings, specifications, and contract
terms. Facilitate communications between AGI Quote Team and
end-users to ensure accurate cost estimating.
- Works with internal departments and/or divisions to solve
problems and develop solutions for customer accounts.
- Strategizes with management to locate and maximize sales
opportunities. Develops strategies and provides feedback to ensure
we remain competitive in the market. Gathers and shares competitive
information with appropriate internal departments.
- Ensures sales and retention goals for all products are met.
Sources and manages distribution channels as needed.
- Develops and cultivates positive relationships with customers
at all levels of the organization and influence decision makers
within various disciplines at the customer (engineering,
purchasing, quality, and manufacturing) to build and maintain
rapport with customer decision makers to provide extraordinary
customer service and identify new business opportunities.
- Enters all Customer Opportunities into Salesforce and actively
manages and maintains Opportunity status.
- Gathers and shares competitive information with appropriate
internal departments and assists with customer retention by being
aware of competitive situations and proposing counter strategies to
defend and gain market share.
- Assists in development of sales and marketing budget and
subsequently ensures adherence to the budget numbers.
- Completes and maintains sales reports, forecasts, and customer
data. Tracks, submits, and audits sales transactions and follows up
on customer concerns as needed.
- Contributes to positive Company image, supports regional and
national trade shows and markets Qualifications:
- Possess sales and business acumen, ideally coupled with an Ag
Business, Marketing, or Technical Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 4+ years of demonstrated sales or customer service achievements
preferably in the Ag Industry. Grain Handling industry experience
and technical knowledge of grain storage and handling preferred.
Have solid sales and marketing capabilities, with a good
understanding of market segmentation, product line profitability
analysis, and new product development. Have a proven history of
managing a complex technical product line. Be well organized and
pay close attention to detail. Have superior customer relationship
skills, including active listening.
- Ambition to exceed sales goals and contribute to continuous
- Results Oriented - is focused on results with a high sense of
urgency and attention to detail, zeroing in on the issues and
pushing themselves to get the job done.
- Passionate & Energetic - is a self-starter with a high level of
engagement with an enthusiasm for the business.
- Customer Focused - passionately committed to delighting the
customer, exceeding their expectations and creating win-win
agreements between the company and the customer.
- Fluid & Flexible - able to adapt to changing business
conditions with ease and effectiveness.
- Trust Building - takes time to get to know the organization,
invests in relationships and keeps commitments in order to build
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to balance Strategic Thinking with Tactical
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving
- Advanced skills with: Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project,
AutoCADAGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and
business need.Accommodations are available upon request for
candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process
and once hired.
Keywords: AGI, Naperville , Commercial Sales Manager - Grain Systems (Remote), Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!