Director, Market Risk Capital & Regulatory
Company: BMO Harris Bank
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Address:503 N. Washington StreetJob Family Group:Data Analytics
& ReportingAdditional Job DescriptionIf you're looking for your
next dream job, consider this one in BMO's ERPM Risk group where
every colleague helps protect and grow the bank by providing
independent review and oversight of enterprise-wide risks, working
together to maintain a risk management framework and fostering a
strong risk culture. #ERPMDreamJobsSupports the execution of
accurate and efficient reporting solutions for risk, regulatory and
management information to internal and external stakeholders
including regulatory bodies. Supports an efficient and effective
risk management function which uses common information sources and
practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level
performance and minimizes risk.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy
and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters
diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational
goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear
accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional
and operating groups to create the highest value for all
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance,
coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new
initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights
and best practices.
- Interprets new regulations and assesses impacts to the risk
reporting strategy/program framework.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource
requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic
initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Measures the effectiveness of risk reporting program/strategy;
recommends changes as required.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Leads the development and maintenance of the risk reporting
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external
- Represents the risk reporting function during internal/external
regulatory audits and/or examinations
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management
systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes,
analysis and reporting.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type,
including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management,
execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and
adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of ongoing
operational programs in support risk reporting management
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management
of core business/group processes.
- Designs, develops, and implements reporting solutions to meet
management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on
implementation of analytical and reporting solutions.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient
service for scheduled reporting production processes.
- Supports the maintenance, monitoring, and measurement of key
risk indicators to internal & external stakeholders.
- Analyses data and information to provide risk-related insights
and recommendations for the assigned portfolio e.g. capital at risk
modeling, risk/return assessments, etc.
- Supports the interpretation of internal and external policies
and regulatory requirements relevant to the analytics and reporting
mandate e.g. regulatory reporting.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available
data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g.
lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to
fulfill analytical needs.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across risk
reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise
- Analyzes data and highlights significant information including
variances, trends, opportunities and exposures; escalates as
- Provides information and supports the process for internal and
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in
collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external
- Supports the maintenance of operational procedures and
processes related to analytical and reporting processes.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training
focused on awareness and understanding of key data elements used in
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of
core business processes to ensure the accuracy of risk data used in
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be
complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary
degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Expert in both Market and Counterparty Credit Risk
- Well-versed in Regulatory Capital rules (Canada and US focus)
and their application to trading businesses.
- Detailed knowledge on Standardized Capital Methodologies
including Basel 2.5, FRTB, SA-CVA, and SA-CCR along with
familiarity of modelled approaches.
- Ready to provide ongoing guidance of capital treatment on new &
existing business initiatives across the capital markets
- Have industry connections/knowledge; particularly to help
inform regulatory capital approaches for newer financial
innovations and product segments.
- Detail orientated with strong interpersonal and communication
skills including ability to write policies and guides
- Experience developing analytical tools to implement market and
counterparty credit risk regulatory capital calculations.
- Familiarity with capital allocation methodologies and economic
- In-depth/expert knowledge of risk management metrics, KPIs and
- In-depth/expert knowledge of industry trends and regulatory
requirements for risk reporting.
- In-depth/expert product knowledge for the designated
- In-depth/expert knowledge of risk management theory, processes
and portfolio management reporting techniques.
- In-depth/expert knowledge of reporting & analytics concepts and
- In-depth/expert knowledge of risk systems technology.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.We're here to
helpAt BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
the world.As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.To find out
more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .BMO Harris Bank is
committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By
learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through
our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available
on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your
recruiter.Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept
unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a
candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank,
directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank
property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting
agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency
agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Keywords: BMO Harris Bank, Naperville , Director, Market Risk Capital & Regulatory, Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!