Associate Area Director
Company: The RMR Group
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Assist Industrial Leadership in managing RES team in all aspects
of property level management including operations, internal
reporting, leasing process and execution of client/owner investment
strategy. Additionally, Associate Director plays a primary role in
oversight and management of his/her portfolio of buildings;
coaching, mentoring and developing their direct reports to support
success in their current role and ready them for future roles. The
Associate Director portfolio consist of 7 million square
feet.Strategy, Planning, and Operations
- Assist with development and implementation of annual strategic
- Work on contracts and approve invoices in conjunction with
AR/AP Policies as directed by Area Director/Senior Area
- Administer and oversee daily property operations, financial
reporting, capital projects and construction/tenant improvement
- Develop operating and capital budgets and related strategic
plans and periodic projections. Prepare, as needed, various monthly
and quarterly financial reports for Regional Vice President.
- Develop focused remediation plans for underperforming
- Complete and analyze all monthly/quarterly reporting
- In conjunction with National Engineering, oversee possible
environmental risks and follow Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain and support corporate procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct periodic site visits and prepare memo for acquisition
analysis and conduct annual asset reviews, etc.
- Assist in the development and delivery of agenda for routine
- Oversee tenant relationship management and engagement.
- Participate, promote and manage the continuity of best
practices around sustainability programs.
- Ensure compliance with Landlord obligations on all Lease
- Help drive innovation and efficiencies where possible.
- Volunteer and assist on National projects and pilot
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.Relationship
- Establish and maintain tenant relations and retention programs,
while developing broker relationships and being active with real
estate and general business community.
- Resolve disputes with existing tenants.Leasing
- Assist on leasing efforts with outside brokers.
- Set up regular vacancy inspections to make sure vacant space is
adhering to RMR Standards.
- As needed, assist Asset Management in the negotiation of rent
re-sets, lease re-structuring, lease renewals, extensions and
- Ensure all offices and staff members adhere to defined
standards of professionalism providing exceptional client
- Establish marketing initiatives and tenant relations and
retention programs that leverage branding, while working with
Corporate Marketing/Investor Relations.Talent Development
- In conjunction with HR and the Area Director/Senior Area
Director, hire, manage and lead a staff who oversee property
management operations including Senior Property Managers, Property
Managers, Assistant Property Managers, Tenant Coordinators,
Administrative staff and Building Engineers.
- Coach and mentor members of the property level management team,
while ensuring managers are effective at managing people at every
level the organization.
- Support managers through management development and supervisory
- Ensure effective onboarding and training plans for all new
- Hire and develop exceptional talent to meet current and future
- Work directly with Human Resources to ensure optimal employee
- Maintain clear and consistent staff supervision protocol.
- Bachelors degree or industry relevant experience required; MBA
or other advanced degree a plus.
- 10 years experience in commercial real estate: Senior level
property management operations and property accounting.
- Ability to negotiate with tenants, brokers, and understand
contractual obligations and language.
- Track record of being highly responsive to tenants and
maintaining exceptional tenant satisfaction.
- Understanding of environmental issues and remediation
- Current supervisory experience must include oversight of
multiple direct reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written
- Excellent command of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and
Outlook; proficiency with Argus, Property Management/Accounting
software (Yardi a plus).
- Will be required to perform off site duties using a personal
- Excellent, analytical, critical thinking and decision-making
- Effective and nimble problem-solving capability.
- Ability to build collaborative, productive teams both with
internal and external groups.
- Working towards an RPA, CPM, or CCIM designation.
- Salesperson license required for location of office.
- If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job
(e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal
government), being awarded such clearance may be a condition of
your employment.The RMR Group (Nasdaq: RMR) is a leading U.S.
alternative asset management company, unique for its focus on
commercial real estate (CRE) and related businesses. RMRs vertical
integration is supported by nearly 600 real estate professionals in
over 30 offices nationwide who manage over $33 billion in assets
under management and leverage 35 years of institutional experience
in buying, selling, financing and operating CRE. RMR benefits from
a scalable platform, a deep and experienced management team and a
diversity of direct real estate strategies across its clients.RMRs
mission is to create long term value for our clients by managing
their investments and assets like we own it an approach that
consistently and repeatedly generates opportunities for all our
employees, investors and stakeholders. We are guided by six core
- Integrity at Our Core.
- Perform Passionately and Effectively.
- Inspired Thinking.
- Like We Own It.
- Power of We.
- Mutual Respect.RMR has been rated a Top Place to Work by The
Boston Globe and GlobeSt.com, and has been recognized by the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Building Owners and
Managers Association (BOMA) International and the Institute of Real
Estate Management (IREM), among others (listed here), as a CRE
industry leader.Visit our website to learn more about what makes
The RMR Group a rewarding place to build a career.Follow RMR on
LinkedIn, on Instagram @thermrgroup and on Twitter @TheRMRGroup.The
RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy
Statement, please click here. If youd like more information on your
EEO rights under the law, please click here.ID: 2022-2194 Street:
1415 West Diehl Telecommute: No
Keywords: The RMR Group, Naperville , Associate Area Director, Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!