Vice President, Sales and Marketing - Naperville, IL (01)
Company: Five-Star Audio Visual
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job Location: 01 - Naperville, IL
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Company Description & Why Work For UsFive-Star AudioVisual, Inc.
was founded in 1995 and is proud to celebrate over 26years of
success! We are honored to serve as a boutique audiovisual company
to the luxury market segment of the hospitality industry, providing
the highest level of service possible for our partners and their
guests. Throughout our distinguished history, we have stayed at the
forefront of technology, specializing in the continued development
of innovative strategies and implementation of high-level service
standards. We become a seamless partner as we embrace the history,
culture, and character of each client and their community while
creating immersive experiences that reflect their individual
personalities, ideals, and goals.
Why should you become a part of the "Five-Star" Team?
Five-Star's dedication to long-term partnerships and client
retention with premier customer focus is made possible by employing
the most enthusiastic, creative, and flexible talent in the
industry, valuing every member of our team as they work with us to
deliver extraordinary service at every turn. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees to choose
from that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurances, a
401K with Employer match, and more. Five-Star hires candidates who
represent and uphold the Five-Star Way -; embodying passion,
knowledge, integrity, and drive to deliver the Absolute Opposite of
Ordinary - in performance, values, and service.Position
SummaryReports to: Chief Operating Officer
Pay Type: Salary
This key leadership position requires guidance, direction, and
participation in all property level and above property sales &
marketing efforts for Five-Star. Includes all pre-sales activities
for new hotels as well as taking an active lead in the development
of systems, property-level training, and utilization of the
Experiential Method and three-step sales process to maximize all
sales and partnership opportunities for Five-Star. Position will be
expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment while
maintaining the best interests of the company.
Position will oversee marketing, proposals, and development of the
pitch deck for the acquisition of new hotel partnerships, the
direction of sales efforts during pre-opening launch for new hotel
openings, quality control of Experiential elements, and involvement
in assurance programs that foster the recognition and image of
Five-Star as the undisputed leader in Experiential Meetings.
Position will also assist the National Director, Hospitality
Partnerships in finalizing sales contracts (as needed) for new
hotel partnerships, direct sales efforts during pre-opening launch
for new hotel openings, quality control of Experiential elements,
and involvement in assurance programs that foster the recognition
and image of Five-Star as the undisputed leader in Experiential
Additional duties may be reasonably requested from time to
Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategic Development of Sales Initiatives & Brand
- Under the direction of Five-Star's COO, this position will lead
the creation, continued development, and execution of sales,
marketing, and brand strategies for all new/legacy partner
locations, with an emphasis on driving maximized topline revenue,
GOP, and event capture company-wide.
- Development and oversight of marketing collateral (internal and
external), design, and pricing to maintain Five-Star brand
- Focus on consistency with all elements tied to Five-Star's
proprietary "Experiential Method" and related Associate-level EMC
- Coordination with developers on updates, additions, and
enhancements to all proprietary Five-Star software and systems to
streamline user interface and access within all proprietary
Experiential systems (Galileo---, Navion---,
- Maintain an active and ongoing partnership with all Regional
Directors on leading sales efforts including pricing development,
Competitive Pricing Analysis (CMA's) and meeting package
negotiations during pre-opening and the first month of business (or
until onsite support team has been identified).
- Supporting our Corporate team in Experiential Sales
Presentations/Pitch Meetings for new partnership
- Coordination with Five-Star Corporate teamfor strategic action
tied to desired company growth.
- Supporting our Corporate team with finalizing account contract
negotiations, as needed.
- Supporting all property and above property sales training &
support, as needed.
Sales Leadership & Oversight
- Supervises Five-Star's VR Development and Recall--- teams and
leads the sales efforts of Executive Experiential Producers,
Experiential Event Producers, and Directors of Event Production to
maximize all revenue-generating opportunities.
- Monthly review with locations to review KPI's (such as sales
revenue, and capture rate).
- Monitor effective discounting at all locations.
- Monitor utilization of applications and population of required
- Provide focused 'above property' sales support for all VIP
clients and large events with the creation of custom proposals to
reduce competitive encroachment.
- Provide competitive insight on top audiovisual & production
- Provide new event capture strategies to drive and maximize
topline revenues and GOP.
- Expand all 2D, 3D, 360 Panorama, and VR sales tools available
in all locations.
- Please note; Operational Elements and BFA components would
still be under the strict purview of the Regional Directors. This
will add a secondary layer of support and accountability
specifically tied to sales growth. Review will also include
coordination and follow-up with respective Regional to ensure a
Social Media Marketing & Case Studies
- Lead social media efforts to build an archive of case study
materials and data for company marketing channels.
- Support and drive 'best place to work' strategies and culture
in support of hiring successful long-term Associates to the
- Collaborate with Executive Team to define and direct marketing
campaigns for demand creation, lead generation, and lead tracking
- Lead the creation of new focused and continued property and
above-property level sales development training to improve
Five-Star's topline revenues, bottom-line profitability, and sales
differentiation in the marketplace with Five-Star's Executive
- Includes the development of general sales training materials,
Experiential Method Course Overview, and associated training with
live, online, and recorded presentation materials and deliverables.
Includes development of Experiential Slide Decks for new Directors
of Event Production or Experiential Event Producers.
- Support for Directors/EEEPs/EEPs on Experiential
- Oversee and design programs to drive organizational growth and
culture change, in support of the business's strategic plan which
includes an ever-increasing focus on technology and digital
solutions to better serve its customers.
- Assess the organization's training and development resources,
structure, and programs and build the team's resources to create
the talent for the businesses' short and long-term needs
(management, sales, and technician focus).
- Provide group and one-on-one coaching with leaders and
employees to support leadership development, business
decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Crafting an internal promotion process and building succession
- Shape and implement strategies that will help us develop and
retain high-performing employees.
- Create organizational charts and define each position's
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Proven experience in developing positive customer relationships
and seeking ways to increase customer satisfaction and
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to
manage multiple tasks in a high-volume environment.
- Capture new business for the organization by actively
researching client organizations through a variety of
- Proactively listens and clarifies customers' needs and
continually follows up on meeting customers' needs while maximizing
- Exhibits well-developed oral and written communication skills;
is clear, concise, sincere, and persuasive.
- Pursues sales goals beyond what is required or expected of
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record are required
to operate a company vehicle.
- This job requires the candidate to undergo and pass a
background check in accordance with local laws and
- Hands-onexperience in the audiovisual industry is a plus:
- Audio - microphones, speakers, sound systems, channel mixers,
- Video - LCD, LED, projectors, screens, monitors, etc.
- Lighting - GOBO, gels, uplighting, basic lighting kits, stage
- Computers - Advanced knowledge on PC and Mac software
Keywords: Five-Star Audio Visual, Naperville , Vice President, Sales and Marketing - Naperville, IL (01), Executive , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!