PRN - LVN/LPN
Company: Three Oaks Hospice
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionPrimary functions are to assist in overseeing the
clinical care and treatment of patients and families; to consult
with the patients attending physician, in consultation with the
hospice physician; provide clinical direction to the
Interdisciplinary Team to assure quality care.Essential
- Collaborates with the IDT in assuring appropriate evaluation
and palliative treatment of terminal disease.
- Consults with and assists in the IDTs development of
patient/family plan of care to assure quality care is
- Consults with and educates the patient/family regarding disease
process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care. Provides training
to other staff as needed.
- Performs and documents visits to patient/family based on plan
of care and patient/family need.
- Interacts with attending and consulting physicians as necessary
regarding palliative care, in collaboration with hospice
- Consults with and provides education to other IDT members on a
prn basis for clinical issues relating to palliation.
- Actively participates in the IDT. Communicates effectively,
timely, and appropriately at all times.
- Informs physicians and other personnel of changes in the
patients needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating
patient/family response to care.
- Completes face-to-face encounters with patients, as assigned,
prior to 3rd benefit period and each period afterwards.
- Provides clinical assessment results to hospice physician after
making face-to-face encounters with patients, as assigned.
- Uses standard precautions at all times, and per agency
- Adheres to agency policies regarding protected health
- Keeps up with and maintains education/knowledge in pharmacology
and palliative medicine.
- Provides on-call services to patients/families as
assigned.Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or
Baccalaureate School of NursingLicensure: Current State license as
a Registered Nurse and as an Advanced Practice Nurse. Current
Drivers LicenseExperience: Two years experience as an APN, clinical
care setting preferred; hospice or home health preferred.Skills:
Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of
practice. Comprehensive knowledge of pharmacology, palliative care,
and end-of-life. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of Hepatitis
consent/declination.Transportation: Reliable transportation, valid
drivers license and current auto liability insurance.Environmental
and Working Conditions:Works in patients home in various
conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and
infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedule; ability to
travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency
call.Physical and Mental Effort:Prolonged standing and walking
required, with ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move patients.
Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines
and patient needs, and to make quick decisions and resource
acquisition; meet patient/family individualized psycho social
needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Keywords: Three Oaks Hospice, Naperville , PRN - LVN/LPN, Healthcare , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!