Full-time Medical Assistant in Palatine - $1,000 S
Company: Greater Family Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Greater Family Health is a multi-site federally
qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and
behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission
is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including
those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers
in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and
McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are
continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH
Certified. For more information, visit our website
http://www.greaterfamilyhealth.org. This is a great job opportunity
for a Medical Assistant who is either experienced, a recent
graduate, or is looking to get back into the medical field. In this
position, you'll be able to contribute to your community and make
an impact in a patient's life. If this is you, keep on reading.
Your Goal The primary purpose of this position is to provide
patient care, patient follow-up, laboratory duties and assistance
to providers and nursing staff. How You'll Help Patients
- Escorts patients to examination rooms and prepares patients for
examination and treatment.
- Performs and documents daily set up, stocking, maintenance of
appropriate supply levels, cleaning of all clinical areas and
equipment (including the washing and sterilization of
- Processes and labels laboratory specimens for area reference
laboratories; accurately completes lab requisitions.
- Sets up and performs all CLIA waived lab tests.
- Ensures compliance with Greater Family Health quality assurance
and risk management standards.
- Provides patient education as directed by provider, including
providing instructions for laboratory, radiology and other medical
- Retrieves laboratory and other test results and submits for
review by provider as necessary.
- Follows all Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) policies and
- Provides care in age appropriate fashion according to
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully
prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work
sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions
made available. Follow and fully implement Corporate Compliance
Program. Fully and professionally respond to and implement
directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training
personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from
- Perform other duties as assigned Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- 401(K) Pay Is Competitive and varies depending on experience
and certification What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Current BLS CPR Certification
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required
Keywords: Greater Family Health, Naperville , Full-time Medical Assistant in Palatine - $1,000 S, Healthcare , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!