ICU RN - Day Shift - Provident Hospital
Company: Cook County Health
Posted on: November 23, 2022
JOB SUMMARY The Clinical Nurse I, Provident ICU is a
professional care worker who is responsible and accountable for
providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to critically
ill patients and supportive care to significant others. The
Clinical Nurse I assesses patients' needs and pain, implements and
evaluates nursing care according to established standards. These
activities require nursing judgment based on application of
scientific principles of nursing, problem solving and
teaching/learning. MULTIPLE VACANCIES Location: Provident Hospital
Posting Salary: STARTING SALARY: $31.530 MINIMUM
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Two (2) years of intensive care nursing, emergency room nursing
or post-anesthesia care unit experience in an acute care setting
within the last 3 years.
- Must possess an Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
certification or ability to obtain within two (2) weeks of
starting. (If already obtained must provide proof at time of
- Must possess an active Basic Life Support BLS) certification or
ability to obtain within two (2) weeks of starting. (If already
obtained must provide proof at time of interview). PREFERRED:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or
- Three (3) years of intensive care nursing care experience in an
acute care setting within the last 5 years.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish. Typical Duties
- Identifies, plans, and cares for the total needs of patients
taking into consideration the age specific needs of patients served
in assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment/data collection that
includes consideration of biophysical, psychosocial, environmental,
self-care, educational and discharge planning factors in a
- Formulates an individualized plan of care based on patient's
assessed needs, desired outcome and consideration of age related
- Implements care in knowledgeable, skillful and a safe manner
based on established patient and nursing practice standards.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and revise interventions as
- Documents all nursing assessments, treatments, medications,
tolerance to procedures, changes in condition, intervention and
- Develops, implements, and evaluates educational
services/programs for patients.
- Makes appropriate and timely decisions in a crisis or emergency
- Performs and/or directs cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Operates equipment safely and necessary for providing patient
care in assigned clinical areas.
- Works and communicates effectively with a variety of
- Provides general direction, guidance and coordination of
patient care given by other levels of nursing staff.
- Applies knowledge of standard operating policies and
- Demonstrates awareness of patient/family rights and
- Participates in staff orientation and staff development
activities for the unit.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for professional
practice, growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of using medical/surgical equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to
communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population
composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Emergency response skills
- Accurate mathematical skills to calculate medications levels
using weight, age, etc.
- Ability to apply the nursing process and utilize technical
skills for patient care delivery
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to see and hear clearly (including with
- Ability to distinguish regular/high pitched sounds;
discriminate source of sound
- Ability to demonstrate rapid physical/mental coordination
- Ability to use both legs, hands, and fingers
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Demonstrates knowledge of and rationale for the safe use of
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively utilize the nursing
process as a basis for delivery of patient care
- Demonstrates knowledge in the current use of all forms and
reports required in the day-to-day operation of the unit
- Demonstrates responsibility for professional growth and
development in maintaining competency in nursing practice
PandoLogic.Keywords:Critical Care Nurse,
Keywords: Cook County Health, Naperville , ICU RN - Day Shift - Provident Hospital, Healthcare , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!