RN Health Educator - Naperville, IL - Educator
Company: Edward Hospital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
RN Health Educator - Naperville, IL--
Coordinates and provides clinical and educational services at
community and corporate events and screenings.-- Assists in the
design and development of prevention/education lectures and
screenings.-- Provides patient/client consultations specific to
cardiovascular health management including screening results
It is the obligation of each employee of Edward - Elmhurst Health
to abide by and promote the mission and values of the system to
ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-- (The following duties and
responsibilities are all essential job functions, as defined by
ADA, except those that begin with the word "May.")
1.---------------- Participates in the planning, development and
delivery of hospital-sponsored community education and/or screening
- Coordinates and/or provides clinical services at screening
activities including but not limited to phlebotomy, body fat and/or
blood pressure measurements, and clinical results
- Sets up screening area according to hospital
- Monitors the flow of participants and ensures pertinent
documentation is complete and accurate.
- Transcribes clinical data onto screening questionnaires,
maintaining confidential nature of information.
- Scans questionnaires and collates results packages.
- Maintains appropriate supply levels and notifies manager of
additional program need.
- Delivers presentations as requested.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs provided.-- Works with
manager to revise and enhance these programs.
- Represents the hospital in a consistently professional manner
at screenings, presentations, health fairs and the like.
- Participates in the delivery of risk reduction workshops and/or
individual patient consultations.
Assures all services provided are delivered in accordance with
hospital standards, regulatory, legal and accreditation agency
Coordinates and participate in patient referrals for risk reduction
services.-- Provides follow-up as necessary with patient and/or
Prepares and delivers individual and/or group risk reduction
Monitors effectiveness of consultations provided through written
and verbal participant feedback.-- Revises content as necessary to
meet participant need.
Maintains detailed records of consultations provided, actions taken
for follow up and results.-- Prepares reports of activity as
requested by manager.
Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field
by reading appropriate journals and other literature and attending
related seminars, conferences and the like.
Assists manger in activities related to quality improvement
including data collection, reporting, implementation and evaluation
of prevention and education services.
Serves as professional educational resource to members of clinical
Conducts prevention and clinical education inservices based upon
formal and informal needs assessments.-- Evaluates effectiveness of
programs in improving staff competence and patient outcomes.
Communicates as necessary with other personnel to coordinate the
delivery of prevention and clinical education services.
Collaborates with medical staff and incorporates clinically related
information into daily clinical practice.-- Proactively shares
pertinent clinical information with clinical staff.
Actively networks and participate in professional organizations.--
Serves as a professional role model for clinical staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree level of education or training
- Minimum two years of previous experience
- Required License and/or Certification:
- Current state Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CPR Certification issued by either American Heart
Association or Red Cross
Keywords: Edward Hospital, Naperville , RN Health Educator - Naperville, IL - Educator, Healthcare , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!