Medical Assistant (Every Other Weekend Required) - Clinic
Company: CVS Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Medical Assistant (Every Other Weekend Required)Job
The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the clinic team inside
of MinuteClinic. The role assists in providing medical services in
a unique retail setting. Under the supervision of a MinuteClinic
Health Services Supervisor, with day to day direction from the
clinic Provider, the Medical Assistant will advance the evidence
based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major
job duties and tasks within the scope of their training.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
* Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for
processing, while demonstrating proper collection techniques
* Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer
ordering codes and process specimens maintaining specimen
* Collect and document vital signs on patients
* Preparing, administering, and providing vaccination services as
well as collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples
* Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on patients.
* Capture images of a patient's retina by using a fundus camera
* Perform additional medical services that fall within the
certification of a Medical Assistant under the supervision of a
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
* Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions
regarding MinuteClinic services, and manage patients in the waiting
* Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam
room requests one.
* Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to
drive practice growth.
Clinic Operations Support
* Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
* Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for
* Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any
blood of body fluids.
* Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for
additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior
Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for
all positions in the job grade within which this position falls.
The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of
factors, including location.
* Minimum of one-year related work experience in a healthcare
* Previous experience and ability to demonstrate phlebotomy blood
draws is required
* Previous experience and ability to demonstrate documenting within
an Electronic Medical Record required
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
* Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability,
flexibility, and has the ability to work independently
* Clinical skills: documentation of care, medication
administration, infection control precautions, assessing patient
educational needs, physical assessment, obtaining vital signs, care
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where
allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable
accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious
belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior
to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your
vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within
the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some
states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full
vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can
begin to actively work.
* Medical Assistant Certification
* Phlebotomy Certification
* Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares
a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your
health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced
human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in
our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal
message that how we deliver our services is just as important as
what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors--- support this
purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered
by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating
our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care
more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and
sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal
opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for
which CVS Health provides management services. We do not
discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other
personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Naperville , Medical Assistant (Every Other Weekend Required) - Clinic, Healthcare , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!