Local Home Daily Delivery - CDL A Company Driver
Company: Nexeo Plastics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Local Home Daily Delivery - CDL A Company Driver
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins
distributor, representing quality products from world-class
suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North
America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.From
material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go
beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across
many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire
and cable, 3D printing and more.Our people, our passion, our global
reach, and our technology platform allow us to create unique ways
to reduce complexity in your business, identify efficiencies, and
unlock value for suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently
observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere
to a defined quality policy.
Operates company owned or leased bulk or packaged trucks over 20
tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks
safely and in a manner consistent with Nexeo Plastics procedures.
Communicates effectively to internal team members and external
customers. Must be medically certified to operate a commercial
motor vehicle per 49 CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must
be able to safely work with load securing devices.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to
facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle
inspections and provide required reports.
- Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and
pick up operations.
- Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer
- Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the
bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T,
OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements
(no disqualifying offenses per the TSA).
- Maintain a valid commercial driver s license (Class A) with
Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment
and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits.
- Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded
from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery.
- Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies.
- Engage appropriate Nexeo Plastics team member if any
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes.
- Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized
and in compliance.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the
overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the
business responsibilities of a Nexeo Plastics employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail
cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting
50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load
rack as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess the proper CDL with all applicable endorsements and
clean driving record
- A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last 3
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with
clients in a professional manner
- Forklift experience
Strength:Must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Must be able to
sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time.
(e.g. bagged material, drummed material on pallet jack).
Climbing or Balancing:Must frequently be able to ascend and descend
ladder to vent bulk tanks, or access bulk loading area.Walking /
Running / Stooping / Kneeling / Crouching / Crawling:Must
frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect vehicle.Reaching /
Handling / Fingering and or Feeling:Frequently must be able to
position and connect hoses and detect secure and proper fittings
for bulk loading and unloadingTalking and or Hearing:Communicate
information essential to accurate receipt and shipment of material
to customers. Expresses ideas clearly and in a professional manner.
Hear warning facility or warning signals to maintain safe clearing
from moving vehicles (e.g. backing).Seeing:Identify road signage
and assess road conditions and discern implication for safe
operation of vehicle. See and read documents and interpret
instructions. Ability to see warning signals.Other Demands:Must be
able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as defined by 49
CFR 391.41Customary Mental Functions:Must be able to read, write,
speak and understand and apply instructions in the English
language. Must be able to understand and fully comply with all laws
governing the trucking and warehousing industry. Must be able to
perform basic mathematical calculations related to container
quantities, blending, etc.)Equipment Used (What / How
Often):Information System: At Roads; People Net, Vehicle Types:
Tractor trailer, tanker, straight truck, hybrid
Hoses: 2-inch and 3-inch chemical galvanized caged hoses with
carbon steel fittings. Hoses weigh approximately seven pounds per
foot and vary from five to twenty foot lengths. Hoses used daily at
an average of two hours per day.
Pumps: Blackmer 3 -inch used an average of two hours per day.
Nexeo Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Additionally, Nexeo Plastics participates in the E-Verify program
to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where
Keywords: Nexeo Plastics, Naperville , Local Home Daily Delivery - CDL A Company Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!