Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: July 30, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time COOK position.
- Location: North Central College, Kaufman Dining Hall, 221 South
Brainard Street, Naperville, IL 60540 Note: online applications
- Schedule: Full-time; Monday - Friday; between the hours of 6:00
am - 9:00 pm; some weekends. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: 1-2 years experience in dining establishment.
- Perks: Free meal during shift, free parking pass, & free
Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available We Make Applying Easy!
Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and
search requisition ID number . The advertised program is an AI
recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: At
over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success. We are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state
and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) Our Commitment to Diversity
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance). Req ID: Chartwells HE
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Naperville , COOK (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!