Now Hiring Retail Clerks-Part Time/Full Time
Company: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Posted on: September 21, 2022
If you're someone who has a genuine desire to help people live
better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted
resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at
real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to
immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally,
intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness
to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we'd like
to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of
the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Career growth opportunities
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic
products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the
fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so,
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique
business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from
within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best
employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh
Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no
The Cashier is responsible for the efficient expedition of customer
sales transactions at the front registers. Must maintain proper
control of cash, ensure customer satisfaction, and safeguard
company assets. They are required to assist customers as needed and
maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires
adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Front End
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Walks the store prior to each shift to ensure awareness of
promotional and sale items; do produce walk and weekly testing.
* Computes bill, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount
* Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, gift cards, or
* Issues receipts, refunds, credits, rain checks or change due to
* Operates cash register by passing price coded items across
electronic scanner to record price, enter in PLU or UPC manually,
compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax,
and rebates on monitor screen.
* Greets customers entering store and responds promptly to customer
* Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas and make sure no
personnel items are in the area.
* Issues coupons and rain checks.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalency degree.
* Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Front End
department processes and procedures.
* Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all
* Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while
working in a cross-functional team environment.
* Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems
* Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
* Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for
dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
* Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and
* Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is
* Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
* Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
* Demonstrate ability to use a Point of Sale System (POS).
Job Function Analysis
* Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
* Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
* Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
* Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
* Balance Frequently 34-66%
* Bend Occasionally 1-33%
* Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
* Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
* Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
* Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
* Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
* Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
* 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Naperville , Now Hiring Retail Clerks-Part Time/Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!