Customer Service Specialist I (Remote - TX, FL, IL)
Company: AmerisourceBergen Corporation
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At
AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative
culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a
difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility
to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!What you will
be doingAs of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S.
team members to be fully vaccinated and show proofof completed
vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19
vaccine due to adisability/medicalreasonor sincerely held religious
belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen's policy
and process toapply for anexemption/accommodation.Shift: 11:00am -
8:00pm CT Monday-FridayLocation: This position is remote, but the
candidate must live in Texas, Florida, or IllinoisBilingual
(Spanish) skills are highly preferred but not required.PRIMARY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for initiating a monthly service call to a specific
number of low-volume accounts in the local geographic area.
- Updates the existing customers on any new programs, promotional
activity, products and services as well as inquires and assists
with any current issues or unresolved problems.
- Assists with customer problems such as missed shipments, price
adjustments and backorders; continually strives for prompt
- Frequently works with field sales associates in coordinating
special orders, accepting quotations, typing, and manufacturer
- Works with warehouse associates, customers and field sales
associates to ensure that the order process runs smoothly.
- Processes all phone, fax, mail, e-mail and verbal orders from
- Responsible for providing customers with accurate answers to
questions and complaints regarding products and services; if unable
to provide assistance, escalates customers to Customer Service
Supervisor in a courteous manner.
- Performs data entry for purposes such as processing orders,
accessing previous orders and special orders, and providing
customers with current prices; researches any other inquiries as
- Assists customers with backorders by offering substitutions and
alternatives whenever possible, contacts manufacturers for delivery
information, changes in stock number, prices and availability, and
maintains current open order reports.
- Communicates with all departments within the Distribution
Center as well as field sales associates.
- Serves as liaison between customers and field sales
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to Supervisor in an
effort to continually improve customer service operations.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety
rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.What your background should
look likeEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Requires broad
training in fields such as business administration, accountancy,
sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally
obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree
program, technical vocational training or equivalent combination of
experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year
directly related experience.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in
order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with ABC products, services and pharmaceutical
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and inventory
management systemWORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
associate encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate to
noisy.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting,
lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions,
talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- 75% or more time is spent addressing customer issues on the
- Associate is occasionally required to stand, walk (or otherwise
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.What
AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer a competitive total rewards
package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to
our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs
that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet
the needs of our team members' and their families. Some of these
programs include paid time off including paid parental leave,
access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and
life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and
other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.Because we
take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings
may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits
are company-paid, while others are available through team member
contributions. For details visit
timeAffiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: H.D. Smith,
LLC**INACTIVE**Equal Employment OpportunityAmerisourceBergen is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state
or local law.The company's continued success depends on the full
and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore,
harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting,
training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply
with equal opportunity principles and are
non-discriminatory.AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during
the employment process which are consistent with legal
requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking
employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email
email@example.com. We will make accommodation
determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails
regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be
Keywords: AmerisourceBergen Corporation, Naperville , Customer Service Specialist I (Remote - TX, FL, IL), Hospitality & Tourism , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...