Human Resources Supervisor
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Handi-Foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, sale,
marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an
immediate opening for the position of Human Resources Supervisor at
our Naperville, Illinois facility. This privately held company has
been in business for over forty years and continues to experience
strong growth year after year. Our company's operations include
multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities, including our
corporate headquarters all in the Chicagoland area.Reporting to the
corporate Director of Human resources and supervising an HR
Coordinator, the HR Supervisor coordinates HR activities and
services for the assigned facility as primary contact for
management, union employees and representatives, non-union and
administrative employees and on-site temporary labor agency
representatives.The HR supervisor is the first point of contact to
assist employees with employment and benefits-related questions and
problems and collaborates with management to investigate employee
performance concerns. Ensures effective communication, and swift
resolution of issues to enhance positive employee relations. The
position is responsible to monitor and assure that all aspects of
employment are administered in compliance with company and union
policy, benefit plan rules, federal and state and local laws and
- Supervise HR Coordinator activities to process, verify, and
maintain data for each employee. Maintain employee hard copy and
electronic HRIS files to ensure accuracy, legal and compliance, and
- Process, verify, and maintain general employment related
documentation including: recruitment, staffing, training,
grievances, safety/OSHA, worker's compensation, benefits leaves of
absence, policy acknowledgements, Form I-9, etc.
- Administers health and welfare benefits plans.
- Assist with all phases of the recruitment and hiring process
through orientation and on-boarding of new hires.
- Consult with managers and employees by phone and in person,
answering questions, investigating and resolving issues regarding
compensation, company employment policies, benefits, and
- Respond to and process employment verifications.
- Manage all Workers' Compensation transactions, coordinate with
Safety Manager on safety training, documentation and policy
- Coordinates the documentation and communications required for
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the annual
performance review process.
- Compile data and prepare reports and documents pertaining to
employment activities.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience in a high volume
manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and
- Experience with Payroll/HRIS software.
- Prior union experience preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- A flexible, creative and thoughtful thinker and problem
- Available to work extended hours, weekends, and on off-shifts
as needed from time to time, as needed.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish communication skills.
Keywords: Handi-Foil, Naperville , Human Resources Supervisor, Human Resources , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!