Business Analyst - Software Development
Company: KeHE Distributors
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Overview:The Business Analyst is an essential part of our
product team by providing functional and systemic analysis to
clarify scope. The role is a critical link between end users and
our esteemed engineers. This team member brings a curious and
empathic mindset to elicit the true requirements from business
stakeholders. First and foremost, the Business Analyst is an
excellent communicator who writes well, speaks well, and most
importantly, listens well. The Business Analyst takes the time to
understand why the current situation is 'as it is' and positions
the team to deliver results.
An ideal candidate loves data, isn't afraid to explore the data
model, and run queries to more deeply understand. Data
visualization is an important skill that the Business Analyst uses
to better understand reality. The role is perfect for somebody with
a learning mindset who is open to exploring a variety of
technologies related to the supply chain.
Ultimately our Business Analysts are translators. They speak the
languages of technology, business processes, and supply chain. They
learn fast and have fun doing it!
- Comfortable with technology, including how to query and
- Someone who welcomes the opportunity to speak up and ask
- Able to lead conversations to understand and document how our
business works now and where we can improve?
- Familiar with the Agile/Scrum framework?
- Ok with moving quickly and shipping small, 'good enough'
versions of done, knowing we'll iterate several times to find the
- Someone with an appetite to learn new things, who is willing to
share what you've learned with others?
If so, and if you have a demonstrated track record of delivering on
your commitments, overcoming challenges, and creating an
environment where team members are open and can do their best work,
the BA position at KeHE may be the right next step for your
career!Primary Responsibilities:What You'll Be Doing:
- Analyze existing business processes to identify gaps and areas
- Document as-is and to-be process scenarios.
- Elicit, analyze and document functional and technical
requirements as user stories.
- Develop and maintain a customer-focused relationship with
business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Solicit and prioritize feedback.
- Ask very effective questions to understand motivations and root
- Research and analyze issues. Summarize problem definition and
- Identify test scenarios and assist with testing.
- Assist Product Owner with backlog grooming and user story
- Participate in Sprint Planning, User Story Workshop,
Retrospectives and other Agile activities.
Our Tech Stack Today (Just FYI, you don't need to be an expert in
any of these)
- CSS - SASS - Ionic 3+ (mobile)
Backend: .NET Core - AWS (Lambda microservices, SNS/SQS, API
Gateway, S3, Aurora Postgres RDS) - Postgres and MS SQL - Entity
Framework Core - Redis
Common: Github Source Control - JIRA - Jenkins Pipelines - Octopus
DeployEssential Functions:Major projects include (but not limited
- A B2B ecommerce platform for retailers of the food
- A B2B digital platform for suppliers of the food industry
- A top-tier virtual marketing show experience built entirely
- Charity hackathons and contributions to "Make Lives Better"
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
Aptitude:What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of professional
experience in related role.
- Deep competency in the MS Office Suite including Excel,
PowerBI, and Sharepoint.
- Experience in an agile environment with an understanding of how
each role performs to achieve team goals.
- Proactive, persistent, flexible. Operates independently and
- Acts with empathy and curiosity. Listens and seeks to
- Flexible and able to handle a variety of assignments in various
stages at the same time.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Enjoys interacting with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and proven
- Business transformation experience, Six Sigma a plus.
What you Get:
Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life/disability insurance, FSA & HSA, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock
Ownership Plan), Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program,
Tuition Reimbursement, Work from Home, Work Remotely
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Naperville , Business Analyst - Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!