Technical Product Support Specialist
Posted on: November 19, 2021
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. Youll
feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our
work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxters products
and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in
clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered
significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.Together,
we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each
other. This is where you can do your best work. Join us at the
intersection of saving and sustaining lives where your purpose
accelerates our mission. Summary: Provides technical support for
product issues reported by customers. Required to follow detailed
troubleshooting guidelines and work instructions to get to root
cause failure and identify solutions to resolve the reported issue
in a timely and efficient manner. The budged hourly range for this
position is $19.00 - $21.00/HOUR plus overtimeWORK FROM HOME
FLEXIBILITYEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides live support level 1 and troubleshooting for new and
existing customer installed Baxter devices and system peripherals
and associated device accessories and disposables
- Provides customer operational support on how to use devices,
applications, application and work stations.
- Must record and document all customer interactions properly and
in accordance with defined procedures to ensure accuracy in
- Required to interface and interact effectively with Baxter
employees, pharmacy personnel and IT professionals
- Other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Proactive results-oriented individual who sees assignments to
completion. Must have proven technical and troubleshooting ability.
Must react quickly and accurately and remain calm under pressure
(good customer skills). Good interpersonal skills are essential.
Required to work evening, weekends, and holidays on a rotational
basis as well as "on-call".
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and draw accurate
conclusions based on available information
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including
applications and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners,
scales and other devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows operating systems,
Servers and administrator tasks. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking as
well as database administration knowledge.
- May require expertise in electro-mechanical problem solving and
reading electrical and pneumatic diagrams as well as knowledge of
microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit
analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systemsEducation and
- High School diploma or GED Required
- College Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or
related field preferred
- 2 years of experience in a technical service environment
providing telephone support to end user customers preferred
- Installing and supporting Microsoft Windows servers and
- Experience supporting client/server database applications
- Experience supporting web-based applications strongly
- Excellent documentation and interpersonal skills
- Medical industry background a plusBenefits?:A critical
component of our companys vision is to be a best place to work. As
part of this commitment, we provide our employees with
comprehensive compensation and benefits. ?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
immediately upon hire?
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays ?
- Retirement Savings Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax
savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of
contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent
of eligible pay each year?
- Employee Stock Purchase Program Purchase Baxter common stock
each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with
no brokerage fees?
- Paid Parental Leave?
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits?
- Educational Assistance Program?
- BeWell@Baxter Global health and wellness program with access to
resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through
education and prevention, taking action to make healthy changes and
dealing with chronic or acute conditions?
- Business Resource Groups Employee-run affinity groups that
drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a
forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal
experiencesAll prospective employees for this job will be required
to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID19, subject
to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical
conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in
accordance with applicable law#ind-usgbrd#LI-CJ1Equal Employment
OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter
evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency PolicyReasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed
to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to
individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice. 051663
Keywords: BAXTER, Naperville , Technical Product Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!