Business Intelligence Developer - Remote Opportunity
Company: KinderCare Education
Posted on: November 22, 2021
KinderCare Education (KCE) is currently building out a new Business
Intelligence solution, primarily utilizing Microsoft Power BI and
SSRS for presentation and SQL and SSIS for the back end. KCE is
looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI
Stack), who thrives in a collaborative work environment. This role
involves working across the entire BI lifecycle, from source data
analysis, Extract Transform Load (ETL) development, to analysis and
reporting implementation, specifically with Microsoft Power BI,
SSIS, SSRS. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thorough
in their work, and willing to quickly learn and excel in an Agile
The primary responsibility of the Business Intelligence Developer
is the design, programming, testing, integration and production
support of the Business Intelligence Next Generation (BING)
platform at KinderCare Education.
What You'll Do \:
- Provide Business Intelligence solutions including datasets,
analytics, dashboards, and reports to support KCE in making
informed decisions that increase the bottom line through improved
quality and services.
- Design, develop, deploy, and tune Power BI datasets and
- Write and optimize DAX queries and edit/manage Power Query M
- Design, develop, and deploy SQL Server Reporting Services
(SSRS) Reports preferred.
- Design, develop, and deploy ETL processes using SQL Server
Integration Services (SSIS) preferred.
- Write and optimize SQL stored procedures preferred.
- Build adequate logging and traceability to ensure ability to
troubleshoot issues in a production environment.
- Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness,
consistency, feasibility, and testability.
- Apply software engineering concepts and best practices to
design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as
scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and flexibility.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally
or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and
- Will be on call once a month during off hours as part of the
level 3 production support escalation pool to ensure nightly jobs
are successful. Qualification:
Who You Are\:
- 2+ years' experience delivering Power BI solutions, including
custom DAX queries and editing Power Query M formulas.
- 2+ years' experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions
using SQL, SSIS, and SSRS preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve in addition to a good grasp of both
the technical and business factors of Business Intelligence
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse
concepts, methods, and tools.
- Proven experience designing, developing and deploying
Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to Production.
- Write high quality code that is robust, performant, and easy to
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset,
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing; Must have a solid
understanding of star-schema data modeling
- Power BI, deep knowledge in DAX queries and Power Query M
- SSRS preferred
- SSIS preferred
- Able to build out automated data validation and building in
adequate controls to ensure ongoing data quality Who We Are\:
The IT team at Kindercare creates digital experiences that help
working parents stay informed on their child's early education and
so much more. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, KinderCare
operates more than 1,500 early learning centers and employs more
than 32,000 team members. In 2021, KinderCare earned its fifth
Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award - one of only four companies
worldwide to win this award for five consecutive years. Our devoted
family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and
includes KinderCare-- Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at
Work--, Champions-- Before- and After-School Programs. We keep this
team online and help parents be where their kids are, even from the
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: KinderCare Education, Naperville , Business Intelligence Developer - Remote Opportunity, IT / Software / Systems , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!