IT QA Test Lead - CC&B
Company: Pyramid Consulting, Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Title: IT QA Test Lead - CC&BLocation: Atlanta GA/Naperville
IL [Remote Till Pandemic]Duration: 6-12 + Months contract Job
Description: We are looking for an IT QA Test Lead who ideally, has
a strong utility domain background, with test lead experience. Some
technical experience in Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing
(CC&B) and other Customer Experience and Field Operations
applications used by Client Gas Companies is a nice to have. Time
will be split across both Test Planning - ensuring the testing
scope will fully flex functionality as designed; and Test Execution
- facilitating Pass/Fail UAT execution and Defect Mgmt. Job
- Work closely with Program or Project Manager(s) to ensure a
good understanding of the functional changes (the scope to be
tested) for a given Program, Project, or Release.
- Work closely with the Build Team to understand the widget level
of technical changes that will be delivered from Build into
- Conduct Test and Defect Management for a specific Project /
Release, including Testing Status Reporting for the entire testing
- Coordinate formal review and approvals of all testing
deliverables as required by SDLC internal controls.
- For Programs and large project initiatives:
- Test Strategy creation to define overall testing approach
including multiple stages / different types of testing.
- Working with Infrastructure Teams to confirm environment needs,
coordinate environment builds, & environment verifications.
- Coordinating multiple testing initiatives concurrently.
- Technical Testing: For smaller scope projects / releases, the
IT Test Lead may be requested to engage with IT Technical Testing.
- Test Planning: Estimate Assembly Testing efforts and either
author or review the Assembly Test Plan.
- Test Execution: Coordinate Assembly Testing activities. Work
closely with IT Development and QA teams on env prep, test
execution, and defect management. May perform informal on-line
- Functional Testing:
- Test Planning: Author the Test Plan (Functional, Integration, &
Regression = UAT). Assist with estimating business time for test
scripting and test execution - both effort and duration. Obtain
resources and manage the work. Work closely with Business Test
Lead(s) to ensure that test scripts adequately cover the breadth of
scenarios needed to fully flex functionality. Determine and
estimate IT App/Dev activities needed to support the testing.
Request resources. Obtain resources and manage the work.
- Test Prep work: Coordinate testing prep work such as Account
Selection activities, data prep to mock-up accounts, or the
gathering or mock-up of batch input files.
- Test Execution: Approve migrations into test regions and
coordinate all testing activities. Work closely with business
team(s) on scripted test execution. Work closely with IT QA on env
prep, batch execution, and review of defined metrics, including
coordinating Regression discrepancy analysis.
- Defect Management: Break / Fix during Test Execution:
- Assess, triage, and assign defects.
- Coordinate IT Break/Fix Analysts (technical staff) throughout
the Defect Mgmt. life cycle, following-up with staff as needed to
ensure defects are moving through the process timely.
- Conduct or assist with root cause analysis and determine
resolutions for defects found in testing (defects raised either
from failed tests or raised from batch abends, error mgmt., and
- Recommend & implement approved testing process
- Testing experience across large, complex Programs: Authoring
Testing Strategies & coordinating testing across multiple Tracks or
- Demonstrated ability to author large, complex Test Plans that
require integration of multiple applications, external business
partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership having led: Business resources in User
Acceptance Testing (UAT), Technical resources through (IT) System
Integration Testing (SIT) and having coordinated Defect Mgmt.
process and Break/Fix resolution.
- Cross-functional testing experience, including Test Management
Metrics & Status Reporting.
- Good communication skills and follow-Client on open items, with
both internal project teams and external business partners or
- Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Process oriented, detail oriented, and quality focused
- SQL fluent
- Data Analysis skills
- Client Application Lifecycle Mgmt. (ALM) testing tool
- Client Quick Test Professional (QTP) / Unified Functional
Testing (UFT) knowledge is a plus.
Keywords: Pyramid Consulting, Inc, Naperville , IT QA Test Lead - CC&B, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!