Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a
rapidly expanding global company that rewards hard work and
dedication? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most
admired in the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers
by Forbes. As the Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering, you will
be responsible for providing innovative, timely and professional
solutions to help keep our operations running smoothly. Become a
part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that
will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a company
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead and develop a team of professional supply chain engineers,
analysts and project managers, continually increasing collective
capabilities and skills
- Manage projects to completion and ensure savings commitments
- Develop and standardize a beneficial approach to customer's
supply chain challenges, employing analysis, innovation, and prior
- Perform analyses, data mining and simulations to identify and
scope opportunities within the customer's supply chain
- Define supply chain requirements and solutions approach while
ensuring the gathering of accurate information and performing
detailed solution design
- Identify gaps in existing customer supply chain data
availability; develop measurement plan, execute collection
activities, and ensure data integrity
- Identify, select, and deploy use of optimization/decision
support tools to perform global supply chain studies, packaging and
material flow analyses, routing optimization and transportation
- Build and integrate supply chain cost models to quantify total
cost of ownership opportunities and subsequent savings
- Instruct team in Lean methodologies; deliver verifiable
productivity via Lean methodology
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military
- 5 years of experience in one or more key functional areas:
supply chain management, logistics, decision support
systems/technology, transportation management and distribution or
procurement functional responsibilities
It'd be great if you also have:
- Excellent attention to detail; quick learner with creative
problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new
- Self-motivated, with the ability to influence and guide others
in the decision-making processes throughout the project life
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to
present clean, organized and thorough information and data
appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Naperville
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Manager,
Logistics, Engineering, Operations, Management
Apply now "