Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Enercon Services, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental
services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability
throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our
culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment
in our employees growth and development
ENERCON is experiencing significant growth in the areas of
Subsequent License Renewal (SLR), extending the operating life of a
number of U.S nuclear plants, as well as Small Modular Reactor
(SMR) advanced reactor designs. Due to this continued growth, our
Nuclear Services Group is seeking aSeniorMechanical
Engineerin ourNaperville, ILlocation.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited
- Prepare error-free engineering documents (e.g., drawings,
sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses,
evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards,
and regulations to support client engineering needs.
- Generate engineering related documents in accordance with
client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client
and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other
company or project directives.
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes
and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to
the nuclear industry.
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and
engineering related documentation produced by others.
- Produce high quality engineering deliverables in accordance
with client and ENERCON Quality Assurance (QA) Programs that are
consistent with project work scopes and client expectations.
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional
interactions and communications, and through the development of
quality engineering products.
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible
with and have considered all disciplinary requirements.
- Travel to plant sites to interface with client personnel, and
to perform walk downs of plant structures, systems, and components
related to the project work.
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure
products are properly developed and projects remain within
- Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible
Engineer (LRE) on projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications/Required Skills:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering from an accredited
- Prior 10+ years of prior experience in the design of mechanical
- Must have experience supporting modifications of Nuclear Power
- Thermal-hydraulic and design modification experienced
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of mechanical
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining
to the power industry a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of
travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from
a few days to a few weeks.
Preferred Qualifications/Preferred Skills:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol
screenings, ENERCON and client specificbackground checks, and
annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without
current or future sponsorship
This job posting is subject to change at any time
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and
career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our
people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance
industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com.
Keywords: Enercon Services, Inc, Naperville , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Other , naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!