Sr Credit Analyst/Portfolio Manager I, C&I Lending Team
Company: Byline Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The is responsible for managing and servicing a portfolio of
existing relationships for specified Commercial Banking officers
within the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) banking group. This
includes assisting the officers with coordinating and participating
in loan structuring, underwriting, origination, closing, servicing;
and engaging in full cycle relationship management. The Portfolio
Manager will assist with the evaluation and structuring of
commercial credits while maintaining the credit quality within the
Bank's accepted standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibilities will include assisting specified
Commercial Lenders on site within a commercial lending division,
with all issues relating to portfolio management for assigned
- Will be responsible for assisting the officer with maintaining
and updating client data into the nCino Client Relationship
- Manage the credit transaction process from approval through
- Review the loan documentation worksheet ensuring the
completeness and accuracy on all ancillary information, LLC and
operating agreements, CIP information, and company membership
rosters. Collects client information and documentation as it
relates to the credit/loan.
- Responsible for delegating and coordinating pertinent financial
analysis to assigned Credit Analysts including, financial
spreading, collateral and cashflow analysis, loan structuring and
pricing per the directives of the specified loan officer, initial
preparation of the Credit Memo.
- Work closely with assigned Credit Analysts to answer questions
and assist them in their work as part of the ongoing Credit Analyst
education and career development.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of documentation related to
transactions, such as loan documents, guarantees, and security
documents in conjunction with the specified loan officer.
- Understand and be able to assist the assigned Divisional
Assistant to quickly complete documentation setup worksheets and
all related forms, the ordering and reviewing all title commitments
to ensure the proper lien status and able to clear all title
- With assistance of assigned Credit Analysts, actively monitors,
maintains, and services all aspects of assigned portfolio including
all reporting requirements, covenant compliance and appropriateness
of risk grades. Ability to assign such tasks to the assigned Credit
- In conjunction with and with direction from the specified Loan
Officer, negotiates and structures each loan, determines
feasibility, credit worthiness and assembles information to
determine whether the relationship meets bank standards.
- Work with assigned Credit Analysts to perform the analysis and
underwriting for each loan request and ensures timely completion of
credit presentation for new and renewing loans.
- Manages the assigned Credit Analysts to maintain up-to-date
client files, manages renewals, and processes servicing requests
such as collecting past due payments, exception clearing,
responding to information inquiries and facilitating transfer and
- Works with the specified Loan Officer and assigned Divisional
Assistant to coordinate pre-closing activities, as well as closing
responsibilities as needed
- Responsible for post loan approval details such as: all
appraisal reports, documentation/file is complete and accurate, and
any exceptions are reported to the Loan Officer.
- In conjunction with the specified Loan Officer, ensures that
assigned Credit Analysts are monitoring current loans and credit
lines to ensure compliance with terms, are handling all reporting
on loans such as past dues, documentation and collateral
exceptions, financial performance updates, portfolio review forms,
portfolio profitability, risk grades, etc.
- Works with the Loan Officer with Past Due and Maturing Loan
- Works with the Loan Officer to anticipate and plan for timely
renewals of loan maturities.
- May be asked to present loan requests to Credit/Loan Committee
and to assist with loan presentations.
- Able to effectively work with all departments of the bank but
especially develop a close working relationship with the credit and
commercial loan operations departments.
- Maintains current and in-depth knowledge on banking and lending
products, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, as well
as market and industry activities and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or
other related area.
- Advanced knowledge of various types of loans, credit analysis,
spreading and analyzing financial statements, risk analysis, credit
scoring, loan documentation, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of banking products, services,
policies, procedures and regulations.
- Solid understanding of lending/banking compliance rules,
regulations and procedures.
- Strong client product and relationship management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to
prioritize and manage workload and to instill a sense of urgency in
others as necessary to meet deadlines Strong practical knowledge of
commercial banking and lending products, policies, procedures,
regulatory guidelines, and market trends.
- Ability to lead and manage several assigned junior or senior
Credit Analysts with related workflow and deadlines.
- Strong credit and underwriting knowledge.
- Excellent external and internal customer service and
relationship management skills with the ability to convey a
positive attitude and maintain a high degree of confidentiality,
diplomacy, tact and salesmanship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid technology skills, including ability to use nCino,
navigate and search related websites, and intermediate proficiency
with Microsoft office (Excel, Office, Word) and banking software
- Ability to handle multiple requests/customers with a high
attention to detail and ability to take initiative when handling
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all
levels of Bank personnel.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Keywords: Byline Bank, Naperville , Sr Credit Analyst/Portfolio Manager I, C&I Lending Team, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!