Company: Myron Steves
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Employee Type: Full-Time
Naperville, IL, US, 60563
Job Type: Administrative
Years of Experience:
RSG Underwriting Managers a division of Ryan Specialty Group is
looking for an Inside Underwriter to join our Naperville, IL team.
We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization
that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further
developing their career.
Analyzes, evaluates, selects, rates, prices and markets All
Risks insurance products. Achieve and sustain business results that
meet or exceed established goals for premium production, retained
income and underwriting profit.
- Examines and evaluates documents such as applications,
inspection reports, MVRS, financial reports, claims history and any
other pertinent information to determine degree of risk,
underwriting and appropriate market.
- As directed by Team Leader, meets with insurance agents and
carriers with marketing visits determined by manager, to provide
customer service and grow book of business.
- Accepts, prices and binds insurance within underwriting
authority, refer business to senior underwriting staff, company
underwriter or brokers beyond authority.
- Prepares submissions; markets and negotiates with insurance
companies on individual accounts.
- Communicates orally, by correspondence or in person with retail
customers and underwriters to obtain further information, quote
rates, present proposals, introduces products or service existing
- Assists support staff in resolving problems and questions.
- Provides complete policy issuance instructions to support
staff, detailing all coverage terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus through understanding
customer's needs and expectations and implements Company's service
- Assists with various projects as requested by management.
- Pursues technical development in order to maintain or enhance
knowledge skills and abilities required to do this job.
- Audits support staff work as needed.
- Must have recent experience working with a MGA or Wholesale
Broker and a minimum of 3-5 years as an Associate
Broker/Underwriter within the insurance industry, specifically for
a MGA or Wholesale Broker. Insurance designations (AU, ASLI, CPCU)
- Insurance license is required within one hundred twenty (120)
days of hire or placement in position.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business reports and to
make independent decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required. Ability
to write business correspondence.
- Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of tasks
in a fast paced environment. Must have excellent time management
- Must demonstrate teamwork and ability to develop productive
relationships with peers and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge the skills required for production
support including clear understanding of the All Risks processing
system, cancellations, policy change requests and rating related
issues, rating and overall flow of transactions within the
- Demonstrates appropriate aptitude for marketing calls and
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet with customers and
- Possess proficient computer skills and strong knowledge of
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Naperville
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Keywords: Myron Steves, Naperville , Inside Underwriter, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!