Mental Health & Disabilities Specialist - Early Childhood Education (Northwest Suburbs)
Company: Children's Home & Aid
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:
Mental Health & Disabilities Specialist Early Childhood
Education (Northwest Suburbs)
At Childrens Home & Aid, we believe that quality early childhood
education can build the foundation for a lifetime of learning.
Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a
better futureand keep them there with early childhood education
that reinforces childrens social and emotional growth and
Children with special needs and their families need extra
attention to ensure that they are identified early and their needs
are met. As the Early Head Start Disabilities and Mental Health
Specialist, you will provide that extra level of comprehensive,
holistic, family-centered support. You will manage all phases of
the disabilities/ mental health services program and work with
other content area coordinators to ensure that children receive
comprehensive and integrated services. You will work
collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure the
appropriate and timely identification of children with special
needs. You will support and train families and staff to work
effectively with these children. Families served will reside in
Chicago's Northwest Suburbs.
- Develop collaborative, trusting partnerships with families;
identify family goals, strengths, and opportunities for additional
- Maintain and regularly review disability folders on all
- Attend IFSP/IEP development meetings and coordinate Part C
services for identified families.
- Collaborate with program staff to recruit families with
children with special needs.
- Coordinate therapeutic services for identified children.
- Attend client staffing and grantee meetings.
- Support and train staff and family members to work effectively
with children with special needs.
- Complete documentation, tracking, and reporting as required by
- Establish working relationships with Early Childhood Site
Managers, education and support staff, parents, family partners,
and community schools and agencies regarding children with special
- Work with other content area coordinators/managers to ensure
that children receive comprehensive and integrated services.
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Child
Development, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field
- A minimum of one year of experience working with children with
- Must be attentive to detail, resourceful, self-motivated,
flexible and have initiative.
- Must have valid drivers license, auto insurance and reliable
Childrens Home & Aid offers a very generous benefits
packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: Traditional PPO,
or PPO w/health savings contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan
Keywords: Children's Home & Aid, Naperville , Mental Health & Disabilities Specialist - Early Childhood Education (Northwest Suburbs), Other , palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!