Social Studies Teacher
Company: Indian Prairie School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Openings as of 4/20/2021
- 7th Grade Science and Social Studies Teacher JobID: 11143
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/ Science
- Date Posted:
Still Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Perform functions to instruct students on established curriculum
ensuring each individual is provided with the knowledge,
proficiencies and experiences necessary to become successful
contributing citizens in an ever-changing world. This is a
1. Plan and instruct students on District and state standards
2. Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District
3. Enrich or modify lessons, curriculum, materials and resources as
needed to meet individual student's needs and varying levels of
4. Conduct formal and informal assessments to evaluate student
progress. Administer standardized assessments as directed.
Interpret student assessment data for application of instructional
methods and monitoring of student progress.
5. Review student progress via assessments, maintain records of
student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student
success and growth.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and
students on progress.
7. Meet regularly and work collaboratively with other grade level
or departmental teachers and support teachers to plan instruction
across classrooms and to incorporate lessons across subjects.
8. Meet regularly with support teachers, teacher assistants and
specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or
adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems.
Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs met.
9. Assign work, instructions or lessons to student teachers and/or
volunteers. Assess work, modify and provide regular feedback.
10. Actively participate on various building and District teams or
committees. Provide feedback and act as liaison to other building
11. Set clear expectations for class and manage classroom and
school environment applying positive behavior supports and
interventions as needed.
12. Collaborate with other staff in planning, modifying, enhancing
and implementing curriculum and school and district objectives.
13. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning
environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors
that lead to social, emotional and physical development.
14. Enforce and support school policies, philosophies and
objectives with students and parents.
15. Participate in staff development and school improvement
activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and
incorporate best practices or new strategies.
16. Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work
day such as orientation, open houses or conferences.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a valid
Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements in:
Science (6-8) and at least 9 semester hours in Social Studies.
Candidates with additional endorsements are preferred.
Rate of pay: Commensurate with education and experience.
Working Conditions: Middle school.
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by
the appropriate building administrator.
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Indian Prairie School District, Naperville , Social Studies Teacher, Other , naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!