Corporate Counsel II - Employment
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI's most
valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration,
Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource
Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and
Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ
talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the
supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
- Counsels leadership on all aspects of daily employment-related
issues, including (but not limited to): hiring and termination,
accommodations, discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wage
and hour, as well as employee investigations.
- Drafts responses to various administrative agencies, including
(but not limited to): EEOC, OSHA, state or local human rights
- Recommends best practices in relation to legal and compliance
processes and programs.
- Ensures compliance with legal documentation and Company
- Partners and liaises with outside counsel on legal matters,
litigation and manages relevant external consultants.
- Counsels on employment/labor law, employee relations, ethics,
privacy, transparency, data collection and storage, and regulatory
and governmental changes and compliance.
- Forms collaborative relationships with leaders and employees in
order to execute strategies and efforts to support the
growth/strategic objectives of the Company.
- Researches and keeps abreast on latest developments on legal
best practices to serve as a subject matter expert and consultant
within the organization regarding critical legal matters.
- Drafts memorandums of law at request of ALDI leadership.
- Analyzes and responds to subpoenas received by the
- Recommends process improvements for area of
- Serves as a liaison for the Human Resources department.
- Works strategically to provide guidance to various ALDI
departments and divisions on employment matters.
- Investigates and responds to charges filed against the Company
at the federal, state and local administrative level (e.g., EEOC,
DOL, OSHA) and involves outside counsel where appropriate.
- Evaluates and analyzes legal cases then reports findings to
- Identifies proactive, cost-effective solutions that will
eliminate and/or mitigate legal and business risks.
- Manages multiple projects and initiatives with various
- Ensures effective implementation and communication of Legal
programs, providing visibility of key milestones and progress.
- Researches and advises management on emerging legislative and
regulatory changes affecting ALDI's labor and employment
- Communicates unique legal issues impacting the organization by
identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions and codes.
- Designs, implements, and drives process improvements and
infrastructure solutions to enhance the department's ability to
assist the Company and function efficiently.
- Performs pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize
legal rights, at the instruction of their direct leader.
- Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA-protected
health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA
Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant
information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data
within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent
- J.D. and overall broad legal knowledge of labor and employment
law, litigation, employment agreements.
- Knowledge of United States employment law and ability to assist
in defending the Company against employment-related industry
- Comprehensive understanding of current Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of how legal issues affect organizations and the
ability to develop strategies to coordinate legal considerations to
- Ability to anticipate legal risks as well as utilize excellent
judgement and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and
- Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying and
summarizing financial transactions in accordance with Company,
statutory, tax, cost and reporting requirements.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and
- Understands cost/benefit analysis.
- Effective time and resource management; maximizes
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
Keywords: Aldi, Naperville , Corporate Counsel II - Employment, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!