Posted on: June 6, 2021
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides wealth and investment-related sales and service to BMO
customers or prospects. Understands customer needs to provide
wealth and investment advice, strategies, and products in the best
interest of the customer. Fulfills sales and service activities for
the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and
makes referrals to other business groups.
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including
collaborating with other BMO partners to grow the business.
- Develops, maintains, and services client relationships to
identify areas of improvement to support overall client
- Maintains excellent client relationships and creates customized
action plans to assist customers to achieve their financial
- Provides subject matter expertise relating to product
knowledge, processes, and operating systems.
- Identifies skill / knowledge gaps and performance improvement
opportunities for associates and specialists on the team.
- Continually assesses and improves the level of individual and
team performance through coaching.
- Implements, reviews, and revises work plans.
- Oversees associates, specialists, and team performance when
Manager is absent.
- Executes performance plans and provides feedback to employees
and managers on progress towards desired behaviours/results.
- Develops and executes short term tactics/plans to drive
specific behaviours, activities, and results.
- Executes development plans and coaching activities (e.g.,
technical or skills workshops) as delegated by the manager.
- Builds trust and strong customer relationships by educating
them on acceptable risks and performance expectations that help
them achieve their financial goals.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to senior
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank
- May provide managers with coaching, development, and advice for
client support functions.
- Acts as the first point of contact for complex investment
strategy questions and solutions.
- Adheres to internal risk mitigation policies and industry
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have
broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may
include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically between 5 - 6 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of competitive market place trends and product
- Knowledge of portfolio construction and management
- Completed or working towards industry accreditations (i.e.,
CIM, CFA, CFP).
- RR licensed or successful completion of Canadian Securities
Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook, and any other course
required to maintain RR status.
- May need ability to sell Mutual Funds (MFDA/AMF).
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO, Naperville , Financial Advisor, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!