L&D Senior Manager, Design
Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: June 6, 2021
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Plans, designs, and develops clear, engaging, compelling
learning and performance-focused solutions that enhance retention
and knowledge transfer. Applies design expertise to create
learning, performance-focused solutions and creative strategies
that achieve visible and measurable improvements to individual and
group performance, development, and/or productivity and business
results. Works on a variety of projects, initiatives, and
platforms/mediums to support of the execution of business
strategies according to required timelines and budgets and quality
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the
desired business results.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new
initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights
and best practices.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic
initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for
execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies
and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively
influence or change behaviour.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads
or participates in a variety of change management activities
including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management,
execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan
designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops
tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and
adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Provides day to day management of assigned projects to ensure
objectives are met within required budget and timelines.
- Develops effective project plans to facilitate the building of
learning programs and curriculum to close gaps identified.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry
trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an
understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business / group on
design challenges, assesses performance gaps, and recommends
solutions to assigned business/group leaders on principles,
programs, approaches, and mediums.
- Designs and develops solutions that help advance human
performance and drive business impact with a customer focus mindset
to ensure linkages to customer experience.
- Conducts design analysis, scopes project objectives and
analyzes target audience expectations.
- Defines learning objectives, describes tasks and activities,
estimates the resource requirements, and creates detailed design
- Writes, storyboards, and edits learning and performance support
- Ensures learning solutions are instructionally sound, and
developed on time, within scope and budget.
- Maintains external network to understand the competitive
landscape, and keep abreast of industry developments and new
technology solutions and trends.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and
information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Participates in the management of vendor relationships.
- May network with industry contacts to gather and identify
competitive insights and best practices.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external
- Participates or acts as a lead on multiple internal projects
varying in size and complexity.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be
complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary
degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Adult Learning accreditation is required.
- Knowledge of accessibility principles / practices and the
implications for design and development - In-depth / Expert.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional
methodologies, technology-enabled design and learning methods -
In-depth / Expert.
- Experience in the design and development of training for
multiple delivery methods.
- Strong knowledge of web development processes and familiarity
with authoring tools - In-depth / Expert.
- Design thinking - In-depth / Expert.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education,
experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Naperville , L&D Senior Manager, Design, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!