Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people
and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services
for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help
communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises
deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists
and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies
that will increasingly transform the way people and things
communicate and connect.
Business Group Description:
CLOUD MOBILITY MANAGER SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Wireless operators are facing radical changes in their wireless
packet core requirements. Therefore, most operators globally are
currently investigating new packet core solutions and selecting
vendors for the next generation of wireless packet core products.
To be successful in the renewed wireless packet core market, Nokia
must deliver a converged packet core solution which addresses both
evolution scenarios: 5G, 4G overlay today with future 2G/3G
consolidation, or 2G/3G renewal today with future evolution to 4G
on the same platforms. The Cloud Mobility Manager (CMM) product
combines the AMF (5G), MME (4G) and SGSN (2G/3G) functions.
The IP Division - Cloud Mobility Manager Development Department
is looking for Software Developers who will design and further
develop the CMM. You will be part of the IP (Internet Protocol)
division, working in a very talented team and in a technically
challenging and stimulating environment. The positions will be
located in Naperville, IL.
You will need to:
- be able to gain a lot of complex knowledge in a short time
frame as you need to become an expert in a number of specific areas
and develop an overall understanding of the entire WMM
- keep abreast of 4G evolution in the industry,
- understand the challenges of a SMP (Symmetric Multiprocessing)
operating environment based on x86 multi-core processors,
- be expert at programming in C/C++
- be versatile in assignments spanning feature development, lab
tools, software development environment tools
- be able to cope with the responsibility of delivering the
feature you committed to
- have demonstrated excellent technical skills: must work well
across organizational boundaries in resolving varied technical
issues that are not always well defined
- keep in mind the customer's point of view.
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Knowledge (and experience if possible) of 3GPP standards
- Experience in Telecommunications or IT industries not less than
- Experience in two or more of the following areas is required:
Cloud Development, MME development experience, AMF development
experience or RNC development experience. Experience with the 3GPP
(Gn, Gr, SV, N22, nNRF ) standards
- Knowledge of modern telecommunications protocols and
technologies in UNIX Operating System, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, IP networks
- Flexible attitude, persistent team player.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel across country and abroad.
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem solving, good
communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to
work well in a close-knit team
- Prior experience in networking is a plus.
- Minimum BS Degree in Computer engineering, Computer Science,
equivalent, or better.
Required: Candidates shall have completed their
bachelors/masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering or Information Technology (with focus
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning),
Python, C++/C, proven practice/application of Deep Learning
Algorithms (LSTM, Arima, MLPP, Reinforcement Learning, Recurring
TensorFlow, Pandas DataFrames, R, Networking IP Knowledge
(IPv6/IPv4), familiar with Linux, Ansible, KSH, HTTP2.0, XML, PHP,
other database exposure.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.