Information Technology Control Testing Lead
Posted on: June 6, 2021
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Do you have experience as an IT Auditor? Have you led IT audit
engagements? Then this is the job for you!! This role is very
similar to an IT Auditor; however, you would be directly supporting
our business partners in the first line of defense.
In the Information Technology Control Testing Lead position, you
will play a key role in supporting the first line of defense by
executing and overseeing issue remediating testing engagements to
provide insights, recommendations and enhancement opportunities
relative to processes, risks and controls. You will be able to
further advance your technical skills by overseeing and performing
control testing over a variety of applications, databases and
platforms. You will have the opportunity to strengthen your
leadership skills, expand your professional network and take your
career to the next level by partnering with BMO's senior management
involved in key decisions and strategic initiatives within the
technology and operations space.
- Assesses risks and key controls in consultation with the
business as it relates to issue retests of major/minor audit
control deficiencies and regulatory findings.
- Develops design and operating effectiveness test plans for
management's response to remediated issues.
- Oversees and executes testing using general methodology in
accordance with established procedures to perform, analyze,
document and report results of all assigned engagements.
- Reviews testing results and appropriately evaluates the design,
operational effectiveness and outcome of controls.
- Identifies and communicates control gaps and deficiencies in
design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Lead discussions with Executive Management to discuss issues
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues
and implications for the business.
- Identifies key risks to assertion in efforts to inform
- Collaborates with internal partners to advise on potential
actions to close gaps identified.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on
implementation of solutions.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to determine if
issues were remediated effectively.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal partners to successfully implement
any procedural changes resulting from testing and monitoring,
observations or findings. Collects feedback to assess effectiveness
of proposed changes.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Builds test plans of varying scope and type; leads or
participates in a variety of testing activities including
assessments, planning, execution and evaluation.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan
designed to positively influence or change behavior; develops
tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution
- Drives positive change in based on high quality work and
thought leadership in the control testing approach including
identifying ways in which to increase efficiency.
- Assesses and adapts current operational programs and develops
new operational capabilities to ensure ongoing efficient &
- Manages the end-to-end test execution of designated
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient
- Understands the business/group strategy and develops and
maintains knowledge of end to end processes.
- Executes testing activities and any other operational
activities within required service level agreements or
- Develops knowledge related to program and/or area of
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal &
external business partners/stakeholders to execute work and fulfill
service delivery expectations.
- Participates in planning and implementation of operational
programs and executes within required service level agreements and
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks
typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes various operational activities/requirements to ensure
timely, accurate, and efficient service delivery.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the
achievement of business results in alignment with business/group
strategies and with productivity goals.
- Analyzes automated test results and provides initial feedback
on test results.
- Analyzes root causes of any errors discovered to provide for
effective communication of issues to appropriate parties.
- Develops insights and recommends continuous improvement
insights based on test results.
- Creates and maintains adequate monitoring support
documentation, such as narratives, flowcharts, process flows,
testing summaries, etc. to support the results of the reviews,
including the write up of findings/issues for reporting.
- Provides ongoing support to the continuous improvement process
of the business unit.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose and solve problems
within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in IT Audit testing in areas such as
vulnerability and patch management, identity and access management,
IT governance, cyber security, etc.
- Familiarity with IT management frameworks (i.e., COBIT, NIST,
FFIEC IT Handbook).
- Expert understanding of the business unit's risk and regulatory
- Excellent understanding of control frameworks and audit
- Advanced knowledge of process and/or project management.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through
extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO, Naperville , Information Technology Control Testing Lead, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!