Tool Room Technician - Plastic Injection Molding
Company: The Intec Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Intec Group, a recognized leader in the field of insert
molding, is seeking skilled Tool Room Technicians to work a
flexible schedule to support a 24/7 operation.
The Tool Room Technicians will maintain and repair molds, tools
and automation to support production requirements. This position
will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance on
tools used for production and have responsibility for producing
quality workmanship in an efficient and safe manner. Work as part
of a team having responsibility for identifying and correcting
conditions that affect employee safety.
Characteristics and attributes sought after for this role:
- Possesses a detailed and methodical approach to work
- Conscientious and takes pride in their work
- Communication style is direct, factual, no-nonsense
- Quality-oriented with an ability to work at a moderate
- Builds, maintains and troubleshoots dies, molds, fixtures and
automation by understanding the construction process.
- Responsible for keeping the Tool Room clean, orderly and safe
and practicing the 5S principles.
- Must demonstrate safe, work habits.
- Increases customer satisfaction (internal and external) by
anticipating in identifying customer needs, surveying customer
satisfaction, involving customers in continuous process
- Contributes to continuous process improvement by:
- Understanding the concepts of process, process variation, waste
- Active involvement in process improvement activity and
individual suggestion program
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with
additional training required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program with 5+ years of
- 5+ years' experience working in tool room or mold shop.
- Courses and/or shop experience with drill presses, milling
machines, lathes, surface grinders, fabricating products, manual
welding, using precision measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of injection and insert molds.
- Open to flexible hours/schedule with a willingness to complete
the job as required.
- Provides own tools.
- Have good people and communication skills.
- Have good mechanical ability.
- Be a self-starter that can work with minimum supervision.
- Positive work record, attitude and good attendance record.
- Good basic math skills.
- Willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
Why should you join our Team?
Intec has 65+ years in the field of insert molding. We are
recognized as a global leader in our industry because we are
dedicated to supporting our customer's projects from the concept
stage through design, material selection and mold fabrication to
the final molded part. We offer EXCELLENT BENEFITS which include
HSA Employer match, paid voluntary plans, paid time off and much
more! Come and be a part of something extraordinary! Click to view:
Intec Passion to Innovate Video
Keywords: The Intec Group, Naperville , Tool Room Technician - Plastic Injection Molding, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!