Site Senior Safety Specialist
Company: Mondelez International, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in
over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of
snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits;
Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids
candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are
key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands.
That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of
snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the
right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems
and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious
finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in
your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and
your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably
and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all
applicable Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and
developing and maintaining a World Class Safety culture to achieve
an incident free work environment.
What you will bring
The HSE Specialist works with all site teams in the
manufacturing facility. Reporting directly to the Senior Cluster
HSE Manager, this position provides the opportunity to join a
dynamic team focused on maturing HSE culture, ensuring legal
compliance and supporting continuous improvement of health, safety
and environmental programs as our facilities work toward
best-in-class systems and metrics.
- Maintaining an up-to-date incident reporting system, assisting
with investigating incidents in conjunction with the HSE Pillar
team/safety committee and driving the completion of corrective
actions to eliminate root causes/reoccurrence
- Developing technical guidance programs to identify and remove
- Providing support/technical advice to the site for proper
administration of HSE programs
- Assisting plant departments in coordination, follow-up, and
tracking of all HSE training sessions and records according to
skill matrices & step up card requirements established
- Maintaining and receiving updates for the Safety Data Sheets
(SDS) and ensuring the receipt and review of lost/missing/new ones
- Liaising with government officials as required, Municipal,
Provincial and Federal.
- Under the direction of the Senior HSE Manager, maintaining and
improving HSE Program with conformance to Mondelez Global
- Ensuring appropriate risk assessments are in place and/or
conducted, and follow ups are implemented in each functional
- Conducting health, safety, security and environmental training,
- Promoting, advocating and leading HSE pillar work through IL6S
on a daily basis (e.g. supporting DMS meetings, Gemba walks, HSE
IL6S work processes such as BOS QRP etc.)
- Reviewing all HSE programs regularly for audit compliance and
conformance and making improvements with Senior HSE Manager as
- Participating in the annual Master Planning for the plant and
Regional HSE pillar with respect to HSE, and its' regular update
- Implementing site required and corporate directed HSE programs
- Participating as a Qualified (and certified, where required)
member of the HSE Pillar/safety committee
- Demonstrating the following competencies: time management,
organizational, problem solving, decision making, self-starter,
high energy and excellent communication leadership skills
- Maintaining the monthly HSE metrics (KPIs & KAIs) as well as
safety and environmental communication and HSE Pillar boards.
- Maintaining safety equipment inventory.
Responsibility for emergency preparedness, food defense and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Major: Health/Safety/Environmental Science/Engineering
Job specific requirements:
- Previous Experience Strongly Preferred
- Ability to understand ISO certification requirements and
programs that achieve and maintain certification
- Qualified in the field of sustainability and environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
Minimum of 2 years.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software (MSOffice)
- Key leadership competencies, including: ability to create
partnerships, decision making, team work, culture ambassador
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelz
International family with a significant employee and manufacturing
footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to
provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment,
made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing
and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic
brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins
and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids
confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across
Mondelz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require
accommodation to participate in the job application process may
contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Health, Safety & Environment
Keywords: Mondelez International, Inc., Naperville , Site Senior Safety Specialist, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!