The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
Sedgwick's special investigation unit (SIU) supports customers
by providing investigative services for workers' compensation,
general liability, disability and auto claims. Our SIU colleagues
include research and field investigators, assessment specialists
and shared services personnel-all of whom are committed to
providing the highest quality investigations for our customers. We
invite you to become a part of our team.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To perform various administrative duties
required to complete SIU claim assignments which may include
referral intake, production and distribution of deliverable, and
catalog documentation of investigative evidence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters claim data into the SIU case management system (FACTS)
from JURIS or manually submitted referrals; attaches documentation
and other provided information in FACTS.
- Obtains missing claim data from viaOne, other claim system, or
- Identifies referral instructions for immediate dispatch, rush,
or standard SLE.
- Escalates referral to coordinator after completion of data
- Conducts post investigation production tasks including review
of investigative report and videotape for accuracy.
- Confirms all evidence is complete and accounted for.
- Formats evidence to output protocol specifications.
- Identifies real time quality issues and communicates to team
- Facilitates delivery/transmission of evidence to client or
- Documents and maintains evidence catalog and completes
duplication services as requested.
- Monitors and directs all telephone calls into unit main line
and handles incoming/outgoing mail.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of administrative experience or equivalent
combination of experience and education required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of video editing and format production
- Good oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent
judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and
discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to
handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free