Field Service Maintenance Technician
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United
States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in
Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.Click to
learn more about ATS
Summary: Travel local first 12 months, then 95% travel
- Under minimal guidance, installs, repairs, troubleshoots and
maintains equipment such as manufacturing process equipment,
robotics, automation, conveyance systems, packaging systems, and
ancillary equipment within industrial manufacturing settings.
Applies knowledge and aptitude of industrial electrical,
electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics. Has exposure to
and familiarity with various industry controls programs.
- Performs competent break-fix preventative maintenance. This
includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to
determine root cause of problem dismantling devices to gain access
to and remove defective parts adjustment of functional parts of
devices and control instruments repair and/or replacement of
defective parts and performing troubleshooting and repair of
electrical circuitry and mechanical systems.
- Identifies parts, supplies and repair items as necessary for
equipment maintenance and repair.
- With minimal instruction, performs maintenance as per industry
- Works with customer counterparts to execute maintenance,
reliability, and preventative maintenance procedures.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining
operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press,
grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May
perform welding tasks.
- Conforms and complies with customer contractor codes of
conduct, housekeeping standards, and safety processes
- Documents work performed in service reports, and applicable
- Performs routine processes with and within industrial control
systems to troubleshoots and analyzes complex equipment, perform
equipment maintenance, and to resolve equipment problems.
- Utilizes in-depth application of electrical, mechanical, and
fluid power aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical
self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations,
technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and
identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, or
feel reach with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to
heights that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl in confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required
to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally
exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually
very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed
to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 5 years of related
experience in specific industry or, 7 years of experience in
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as
- Possesses working knowledge and experience regarding
electrical, mechanical, and fluid power systems in related fields.
Can analyze the problems, synthesize alternative solutions, and
- Extensive travel required. (Local, National,
- Experience in preventative maintenance techniques, precision
measuring, mechanical alignments, and general maintenance of
applicable process equipment.
- Exposure to programmable logic controllers, field devices, and
electrical drive and motor systems.
- Customer Focus
- Personal Discipline
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for
eligible medical expenses
Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare
for your future
Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous
Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed
to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their
skillsets. You'll be given the resources and mentorship you need to
succeed in a company committed to education, development and
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in
all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees,
regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin,
disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally
Keywords: ATS, Naperville , Field Service Maintenance Technician, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!