Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing outstanding support
and solutions for our customers drives our success, and we want to
put you behind the wheel. As the Procurement Manager, you will
oversee all procurement functions, including developing new carrier
sources, conducting bids and selecting carriers. You will also
collaborate with customers and account managers to create
procurement solutions that meet service and cost expectations. If
you're ready to embrace the challenge of working for a fast-growing
global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a company
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage all procurement-related activities for specific accounts
within our organization
- Conduct carrier bids and analyze rates for determining carrier
selections; make decisions while remaining compliant with the
overall sourcing strategy
- Create, manage, update and maintain rate schedules; benchmark
rates for new lanes for customer cost studies
- Perform activities related to onboarding new carriers into the
- Compile and interpret performance metrics for meetings with
customers and carriers; address and resolve carrier-related
- Analyze historical and freight pay data to ascertain changes,
anomalies or new opportunities within the network
- Ensure departmental records are maintained in accordance with
established policies, procedures and audit guidelines
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field, or
equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of combined experience in carrier procurement and
- Solid experience with all modes of transportation, transit
times, carrier contracts and networks
- Understanding of and experience with mode rate structures,
including Air, Less-than-Truckload (LTL), etc.
- Strong experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Excel and Access)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in Logistics or a related field
- Availability to travel 5-10% of the time
- Self-motivated work style; experience working well with minimal
direct supervision or in a team environment; comfortable consulting
with team members and management as needed
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, multitasking and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working independently under tight deadlines in a
rapidly changing environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Naperville
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Procurement, Consulting, Manager, Supply Chain
Manager, Logistics, Operations, Technology, Management
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level,