Sr. Transportation Manager - Carrier Development
Company: Kehe Food Distributors
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!
The Sr. Transportation Manager will oversee the financial
process within Inbound Transportation including freight payment,
forecasting and reporting. Responsible for securing and managing
cost effective carrier capacity to support KeHE's Supply Chain. The
Sr. Transportation Manager is also primarily responsible and
accountable for analysis and reporting for the KeHE inbound
- Track, analyze and report transportation financial metrics in
support of inbound transportation.
- Prepare analytics to design transportation optimization
- Assist in the development of scorecards, collaborating with
team members to report operational and financial metrics.
- Develop strategic bid plans considering current and future
industry state, aligning to the strategic domestic transportation
plans and KeHE financial targets.
- Administer RFP's, negotiate contracts, and manage relationships
with service providers for truckload, intermodal and LTL
- Responsible for ensuring Routing Guide Compliance and
Compliance to Award.
- Work with carrier partners and internal team members to
understand freight impact, resolve issues and ensure top tier
service and performance.
- Manage invoicing and audit process and resolve issues regarding
payment and rates.
- Oversee the freight claims process for the company.
- Address carrier performance and develop & implement action
plans to improve service.
- Support day to day transportation business processes in close
collaboration with Inbound Operations Managers.
- Administer and maintain the Transportation Management
- Analyze, manage and report out on key performance
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- Bachelor's Degree in business/finance/logistics preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years previous transportation/logistics
experience with at least 3 years as supervisor required.
- Experience in truckload, intermodal and LTL across multiple
temperature classes. Private fleet experience a plus.
- Solid analytical capabilities for reviewing large amounts of
data, summarizing the material for management, and identifying the
critical issues at both the summary and the detail level.
- Advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Access,
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be results-oriented, self-directed, and have excellent
time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, Customer focused.
- Able to lead a team and manage multiple projects
- Strong process improvement skills
- Up to 25% travel required.
Keywords: Kehe Food Distributors, Naperville , Sr. Transportation Manager - Carrier Development, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!