Senior Logistics Manager - Transportation
Company: Ecolab Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Join Ecolab as a Senior Logistics Manager - Transportation
supporting the Nalco Water divisions in Naperville, IL. The
individual in this role is responsible for the management of an
efficient network of transportation service providers throughout
North America that directly contributes towards the companies'
safety, service, and savings goals. This position will manage our
shipments and SAP workflows for our customer and interfacility
shipments in Bulk Truck, Truckload, Intermodal, Less than Full
Truckload, Rail and Parcel. This leader has a key role in the
supply chain and will foster strong collaborative relationships
with all functional and commercial sales areas while leading
continuous improvement to safety, service, and savings. The
successful candidate must be a self-directed achiever, a strong
leader, strategic mindset and an excellent cross-functional
What You Will Do:
- Effectively lead a team of 9 associates accountable for the
carrier management, cost performance visibility and improvement
initiatives that support a $120+ million outbound spend
- Develop a strategic roadmap and implementation plan to drive
improvement in carrier safety performance, delivery on-time service
performance and cost to serve.
- Fosters collaborative third-party relationships to drive
mutually beneficial results and initiatives focused on safety,
service and cost in partnership with procurement and logistics
- Leads/supports supply chain continuous improvement projects,
delivers timely results, tracks improvements, ensures control, and
- Drives cross-functional (customer service, planning,
manufacturing, warehousing, local logistics, logistics safety,
finance) and commercial partnerships to establish and improve
network design, work processes and customer solutions.
- Communicate effectively with commercial and supply chain
leadership to ensure stakeholder alignment regarding carrier
performance, capacity, actions plans and execution of
- Seeks out and quantifies process-improvement opportunities.
Assesses/identifies risk to fulfill the objectives. Organizes,
plans, reviews, and communicates status of projects managed.
- Leads freight invoice audit and pay processes along with cost
- Lead talent development, recognition and career progression for
team and partner across full Logistics function around talent
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Transportation, Business,
Engineering or related field
- 10+ years in logistics, transportation, warehousing or related
- 5+ years previous supervisory experience
- No immigration sponsorship for this role
- Advanced degree
- SAP experience
- Experience in operational excellence and project management
such as TPM, Lean 6 Sigma, Continuous Improvement, etc.
- Modal experience in bulk truck
- Experience in managing a chemical supply chain
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all
levels of the organization
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive,
and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate
can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA).
Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab Inc., Naperville , Senior Logistics Manager - Transportation, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!