Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Lead Teacher Opportunity with the YMCA!
The Buehler YMCA is hiring for a Full-Time Lead Teacher. As a
Lead Teacher you will provide effective instructional strategies,
classroom management, learning, assessment, evaluation and related
research for children ages 3-5 years old. You will be responsible
for providing developmentally appropriate learning experiences,
supervising children assigned in the classroom, and providing a
supportive and positive classroom climate. You will ensure that we
are meeting the individual needs of the children as mandated by
DCFS, ExceleRate Illinois, NAEYC, federal, state and local
standards, and YMCA standards and policies, as applicable.
Our early learning teachers create a child-centered environment
that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and
positive, nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting
accreditation standards and extensive training and development in
research-based practices, you'll also learn and grow and positively
impact our children, families and communities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Promote and model high quality teaching and learning in the
classroom that fosters academic readiness.
- Demonstrate culturally and linguistically appropriate practices
that values all children and families and makes them feel welcomed
and an essential part of the program
- Maintain awareness and supervision of children's needs and
ensure their physical health and safety, at all times.
- Communicate and develop effective partnerships with parents and
families, encouraging parent involvement.
- Abide by DCFS and all quality standards for maintaining safe,
high quality programming
- Collaborate regularly with classroom team including: families,
volunteers and all staff.
- Collect and use multiple data sources, both formative and
summative, to inform instruction and child centered learning and
- Complete routine professional development annually; utilize
continuous quality improvement (CQI); and identify different
instructional resources and methods to meet children's varying
needs and improve the classroom experience for children and
- Participate and support association/center efforts towards
recruitment, enrollment, attendance and retention of families while
supporting the YMCA's mission and center operations as needed.
Lesson Planning and Classroom Management:
- Develop lesson plans with goals, objectives, activities and
outcomes for children that integrate health, nutrition, mental
health, disabilities and parent involvement.
- Implement high quality, developmentally appropriate
instructional activities and curriculum approaches (like Creative
Curriculum) that facilitate active learning experiences and promote
the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of each
child; while ensuring the program follows DCFS, YMCA, ExceleRate
Illinois, and NAEYC accreditation standards, if applicable.
- Research, plan, and implement appropriate studies/projects for
an in-depth investigation of a topic over time.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, clean, safe and engaging
classroom environment which includes positive guidance techniques
and that encourages children's independence and self-selection of
- Leverage the physical environment and pedagogical documentation
to support teaching and learning practices.
- Use observational and child data to plan developmentally
appropriate and engaging early learning experiences based upon the
emergent needs of the child.
- Must meet DCFS licensing, and program related
accreditation/credentialing requirements; Associates Degree or
higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- One year experience teaching or equivalent in a preschool
classroom strongly preferred.
- Must provide documentation of Gateways credentialing or apply
within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge of how to design and implement the Creative
Curriculum and other high quality curriculum approaches
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA's commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Naperville , Early Childhood Lead Teacher, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!