Gymnastics and Sports Program Manager
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is hiring a full-time
Gymnastics and Sports Program Manager who is experienced in
creating high-quality, and safe programming for our members and
program participants. This position will have a base located at the
Buehler YMCA center, a community-focused nonprofit, located in
Make a difference by contributing to building a better, stronger
community for all. The Y offers a variety of impactful programming
to all ages and families. Following the Y's impact for more than
150 years, the mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop
strong children, families, and communities across Metropolitan
Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence
prevention, fitness, and healthy living. In this role, you'll be an
integral part of the YMCA team. So you're not just impacting a
bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over
As a Gymnastics & Sports Manager, you will be responsible for
the day to day operation of the gymnastics and sports programs
which include planning, promoting, creating and coordinating
programs. In this management position, you will also be responsible
for recruiting, training, and supervising YMCA team members
including team leads, instructors, and counselors as assigned.
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable
skills, knowledge, and the passion that is essential to the
contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why
we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's
- Be part of a team that is passionate about building and
sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff,
volunteers, and members
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the
YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our
- Complimentary Adult YMCA membership and an employee discount on
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assists in scheduling, staff to ensure coverage, safety, and
quality program delivery.
- Assists in developing program materials and distributing
- Assists in training and supervising new staff and volunteers
and providing ongoing training per training designs.
- Conducts staff meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Acts as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or
illness and be knowledgeable of emergency procedures.
- Coordinate the operation of assigned program areas, including
evaluation of the program effectiveness for continuous
- Provides communication and training for membership team members
regarding class registrations and programs.
- Ensures adherence to state and county standards maintains YMCA
standards and ensures compliance with requirements ensuring
accidents and incidents are reported.
- Assists with developing and managing the program areas' budgets
include creating margin analysis and completion of time and
- Monitors and evaluates performance standards. Provides coaching
and intervention, as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops team
members to optimize performance.
- Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that
time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
- Supports the YMCA's mission and center operations as
- Provides direct service in sports and recreation classes and
- Responsible for maintaining staff certifications and volunteer
- Assist with gym and other areas' usage schedule.
- Oversees the maintenance of the gyms, climate control,
cleanliness, and related maintenance.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of sports programs
for members, participants, and community
Minimum Requirements & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have an Associate's Degree with at least 3-5 years of
gymnastics experience; team leadership experience, coaching, or
directing team members is preferred
- Prior team leadership/supervisory experience is essential to
collaborate with others and attract, motivate, and effectively
- Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively
communicate on a regular basis with internal customers, build
relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility
for a high level of service.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel),
email; ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Demonstrate safe and age-appropriate strategies in interactions
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the
ability to effectively lead in-services and training
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing
priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to
effectively build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job including
physical stamina, agility and sudden exertion required to safely
lead sports programs. The YMCA will make reasonable accommodations
for persons with disabilities.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment
to and a passion for the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago's
Child Abuse Prevention: This position supports the YMCA's
commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Naperville , Gymnastics and Sports Program Manager, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!