M&A Senior Associate
Posted on: July 14, 2021
As a valued member of the M&A team, which is responsible for
driving the growth of First Student, Inc. through an active mergers
and acquisitions program. This person will support deal flow,
manage the acquisitions pipeline, assist, and manage due diligence,
and prepare materials to present opportunities to executive teams.
This person will lead the analysis of complex data related to
select mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments to
determine the financial, operational, and strategic fit. This
person will prepare complex analysis to support weekly/monthly
reporting and post deal metrics to provide recommendations to both
team members and key stakeholders.
- Assist in the execution of M&A transactions, from target
identification through deal close
- Compile and analyze data regarding companies to be acquired,
including initial financial model construction and valuation
- Maintains CRM database of past, current, and future acquisition
- Perform due diligence on acquisition targets; review and
summarize findings to management.
- Analyze information collected in diligence process to develop
integrated financial analyses and projections regarding the impact
of an acquisition on the organization
- Support idea generation by researching specific companies and
industries, along with market conditions and current developments
- Engages with brokers, attorneys, and management to support deal
flow and create opportunities and maximize value with regards to
strategic acquisition and investment targets
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (both internal and
external) of financial and operational business results and
analysis for management and Board/Owners.
- Support the integration process post-deal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related
demonstrable business concentration
- 3+ years M&A transactional or business development
experience and additional 3 years business experience preferably in
Finance or Accounting role
- Strong Financial acumen with excellent analytical ability and
attention to detail
- Self-sufficient and able to take initiative for projects
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, or
large group presentations
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency including intermediate level
skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting
borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap,
sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Detailed understanding of financial statement mechanics and
business valuation theory
- Familiarity with legal documents associated with M&A
transactions (e.g. NDA, LOI, APA), including an understanding of
- Excellent organizational skills due to changing priorities
and/or change in direction on major projects
- Experience working with peer team leaders to gain agreement on
important client needs or issues to gain consensus on solutions for
- Comfortable / thrives in fast paced, matrixed, ever changing,
and dynamic environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel may be required
on short notice
- Experience with project management (for example: planning,
organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful
completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Travel responsibilities 30%+
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: FirstAmerica, Naperville , M&A Senior Associate, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!